Can someone please check that this build is compatible? any suggestions for change?

you dont need to buy a sata cable....your motherboard comes with some

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to buy one as spare however.

Anything that I should change? and is it compatible? 

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to buy one as spare however.

Anything that I should change? and is it compatible? 

they come with about 4 cables, depending on the motherboard, you can probably find that  information on the mobo's website. it looks fine otherwise

I would suggest a 3570k, it's better than a 4670k (in some cases) and you won't notice a difference, you can actually gat a 3570k to go faster than a 4670k on overclock, and I would also suggest a better graphics card since a majority of the money in a gaming rig should go there.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

you should probably try and put more money towards your graphics card maybe think about picking up a more budget case to accomplish that 

What I would do: I would by a reference z77 mobo and a 3570k and with the money you save buy a better GPU.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

What I would do: I would by a reference z77 mobo and a 3570k and with the money you save buy a better GPU.

Also go with an mATX motherboard to save some money with more or less the same functionality, and the Corsair 350D which is a nicer case in my opinion.

NZXT Source 210 @ Amazon

MSI Z77A-G45

212 Evo

8GB Corsair XMS3 @ Amazon

7870 look around

500W PSU

Seagate 1TB probably comes in less than your list and is much more suited to gaming

Can someone just confirm that this will all be compatable

It's compatible, but it could be better. I forgot to mention that the wireless adapter shouldn't be used if it's at all possible. Ethernet is superior.

As my friend just said, is the original pc that I built compatible? I will be able to afford upgrades at x'mas & thank you for suggestions and comments!

Looks good to me mate, Could possibly suggest going for a 3570k as haswell is not a big leap and there are a few issues with it and going for a better GPU.

If you've got a bit of extra cash spare I'd grab a small SSD as a boot drive and get a CPU cooler such as the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo as you have an unlock able CPU.

Cheers.

It's compatible, but it could be better. I forgot to mention that the wireless adapter shouldn't be used if it's at all possible. Ethernet is superior.

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I will have to use the wireless adapter as my router is downstairs and my room is upstairs :( Mom don't want cables running through the house, hah!

Looks good to me mate, Could possibly suggest going for a 3570k as haswell is not a big leap and there are a few issues with it and going for a better GPU.

If you've got a bit of extra cash spare I'd grab a small SSD as a boot drive and get a CPU cooler such as the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo as you have an unlock able CPU.

Cheers.

What issues are there with Haswell? Thank you. 

What issues are there with Haswell? Thank you. 

USB 3.0 Issues still that won't likely be addressed until Broadwell.

Haswell seems mainly to be made for laptop gamers as the main new features are less power consumption and better on board graphics. Also a lot of motherboard things have gone onto the CPU itself.

Thats just my opinion though :)

USB 3.0 Issues still that won't likely be addressed until Broadwell.

Haswell seems mainly to be made for laptop gamers as the main new features are less power consumption and better on board graphics. Also a lot of motherboard things have gone onto the CPU itself.

Thats just my opinion though :)

Sorry to keep nagging, but can you expand further. What exact issues are there with the USB 3.0? 

Sorry to keep nagging, but can you expand further. What exact issues are there with the USB 3.0? 

This: http://www.everythingusb.com/intel-haswell-usb-3.0-21812.html

Edit: Also, here's what you could do instead: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/14bSZ

It's better to pour your money into the gpu once you've got a decent cpu for a gaming rig instead of getting the best cpu and a garbage gpu. The 7770 is a great value card, but you could do much better with your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.