Intel Next Generation Broadwell CPUs Delayed.

What are TIGER POINTS's?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

What are TIGER POINTS's?

Very basic Intel Atom CPU's dating back to I think '09 or '10

What do they mean by haswell refresh? is that what they're going to call their tick cycle this time around and Broadwell will actually be a new microarchitecture? I'm guessing it's something else, no idea what but it will break their tick-tock model...

Haswell-E looks like it'll be amazing.

I'm not looking forward to the price though xD, Still debating to make the switch the LGA 2011 this might convince me to hold off a year.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I wanna wait for broadwell to buy a laptop for uni. Battery life would be insane

So consumers (us) will need new 9 series motherboards for Broadwell. EPIC!

Or not. Maybe it will be like Z67 and Z77 on the same lga 1155. I surely hope so.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

What do they mean by haswell refresh? is that what they're going to call their tick cycle this time around and Broadwell will actually be a new microarchitecture? I'm guessing it's something else, no idea what but it will break their tick-tock model...

Well at this point in time amd isn't big enough of a threat to force intel to compete, so instead of coming out with broadwell why not profit off of haswell some more boost the speed of haswell by 200mhz and call it a new generation for next year.

Thought there was a new atom chip coming out "Bay Trail"

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Uh ohs, Broadwell was actually on the map for my upgrade plan, I was going to do a new PC next year.... hmmmm

AMD, bring me Steamroller, and make it good.

Intel......

cat-darth-vader.png

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Uh ohs, Broadwell was actually on the map for my upgrade plan, I was going to do a new PC next year.... hmmmm

AMD, bring me Steamroller, and make it good.

Intel......

cat-darth-vader.png

^Pretty much this.

If Haswell refresh doesn't prove it's worth by the end of next year & AMD steps up the competition via Steamroller, i know who i'm getting my CPU from.

I wish ultraportable thin laptops used AMD processors so there is atleast some good graphical performance to expect. I hope with whatever AMD is releasing next, that be Kaveri/ Steamroller [can someone correct this], they see better portable integration.

PC in Profile

Noo!!!!!!!!!

I'm holding off from Ivy to Haswell coz of Broadwell and then this? Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

I want those motherboard features.  :(

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

So consumers (us) will need new 9 series motherboards for Broadwell. EPIC!

Or not. Maybe it will be like Z67 and Z77 on the same lga 1155. I surely hope so.

you mean z68?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

115*C is the throttle point xD

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

WHAT A SURPRISE!

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Saw this a while ago and forgot to post it. Thanks for posting it! :) Guess that they want to perfect Haswell before moving on.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Incremental gains are incremental. Why bother with Haswell, when it is marginally better than ivy bridge, which is marginally better than sandy brigde.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

Incremental gains are incremental. Why bother with Haswell, when it is marginally better than ivy bridge, which is marginally better than sandy brigde.

That's what I've been thinking this whole time. Why should I upgrade when I can just overclock up to 4.4GHz and pretend it's a haswell, since that should be at least as fast.

EDIT: I'm running a 2600k by the way.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

It's alright guys don't cry AMD will make things better and steamroll Broad-not-well out of the price range. Besides in Ivy bridge it shrank from 32 nm to 22 nm so broad not well is going to be pain in the ass for intel to make. AMD are just catching up too intel faster than ever who has cheap 8 core processors AMD who makes processors that cost more than a good pc build intel

You do realize that the overclocking market is very insignificant in intel's overall sales, it's pretty understandable why they didn't focus on overclocking but instead focused on on more power efficiency which gives them the edge in portable computing. plus the majority (vast majority) of desktop users don't overclock, heck the majority don't even build their computers. 

so from the company's point of view, it makes sense to focus on improving features that will effect the majority of the market. 

plus, intel is in a very comfortable position when it comes to performance due to the lack of competition from AMD, their CPU's are miles ahead of AMD cpu's, this gives them the freedom to work on things other than performance boosts. 

It's alright guys don't cry AMD will make things better and steamroll Broad-not-well out of the price range. Besides in Ivy bridge it shrank from 32 nm to 22 nm so broad not well is going to be pain in the ass for intel to make. AMD are just catching up too intel faster than ever who has cheap 8 core processors AMD who makes processors that cost more than a good pc build intel

please don't overhype products that you have no idea how they're gonna perform, haven't learned your lesson from bulldozer's launch?

and do you honestly think that a company that's as big as intel who's driving the industry forward and pretty much owns the market is gonna struggle with a new process shrink? they're building new manufacturing fabs just for 14nm cpu's for god sake. 

I'll be getting myself an 8 core Steamroller !