Suggestions for a gaming laptop

AznKid

Hey guys, im quite new to the forums here.
So, recently my laptop has been getting from bad to worst performance for gaming, well it isnt a gaming laptop to start of with.
Im planning to get a new gaming laptop and i can pass this old one to my sis.
My budget isnt very high, we're looking at max $1500-$1800 ish here. and my preference is, a thin enough build for convinience to carry
it to school for my school work and/or gaming on-the-go or at a friends house. But also good enough to run most of the recent games

at reasonable fps.

Been looking around for gaming laptops and the Lenovo Y40 and Y50(if i could save a little bit more) caught my attention, and have been considering
to get either one of those.

But im not sure if its the best i could get for my low budget.

Any suggestions for a better laptop ?

Anything i should take note of if im going to purchase the Y40/Y50 ?

Any down side to getting these instead of other Brand/Models ?

Would really appreciate any help at all ^_^ Thanks !

MSI has some pretty bang-for-the-buck laptops.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Asus, anything with Nvidia and not AMD, I don't recommend going with higher resolution then 1080p because it would need more GPU raw performance to get the same FPS on higher resolution.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Thank you guys for the suggestions ! Will be looking up on MSI and ASUS ROG series for slim gaming laptops which suits my gaming needs ^_^
will get back to you at which ones got my attention

Just got an Alienware.....run at me bro

NOT Alienware...

I'm afraid to swear now because the overlords might hurt me. 

I love the asus G751JY laptop I just got, however it is not very slim and my 25 minute walk to university each day is a hassle when carrying this laptop.

I would suggest MSI GS60 Ghost pro 15.6'' which is very slim and light however costing $1800

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GS60-GHOST-PRO-044-9S7-16H512-044/dp/B00O4ORONE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415061496&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+gtx+970m

The MSI gt60 is just as good and cheaper however 1inch thicker and weighs 2.5 pounds more

http://www.amazon.com/Dominator-1065-i7-4710MQ-2-5-3-5Ghz-Nvidia-Upgraded/dp/B00OD3CO7M/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415061496&sr=1-5&keywords=msi+gtx+970m

Hi guys, well besides that I follow Linus all this years, its my first time here on the forums, I just bought a MSI GX70 3CC Destroyer, its the 17' inch laptop, and im having really low fps on almost all the games such as BF4, Dota2, Company of heros 2, TitanFall, etc... 

I know u willl probably said that its about the APUs integrated video the 8650G being used on all the app and games, but I already force all the games to use the discrete video card the M290X 2gb that I got under the hood.

Anyway, I uograde to the last AMD driver the 14.9, the to the last Beta the 14.9.2 and nothing works, I still get slow FPS on the games even if I changed from LOW settings to ULTRA still the same number of FPS(my face was like WTF).

I know that the GX60 with the same specs but the 15' inch model has the same problem, don't know what is happening with MSI, but for a almost 950£ laptop, im gonna get crazy. 

Please any idea or solution will be really nice, here is the official link from MSI with the specs:

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX70-3CC-Destroyer.html#hero-specification

Got my eyes on the GS60 Ghost *.*

but if my budget just does not cut it, then ill be going with the Y50 (non touch,not 4k)