Do you think PC Games should have splitscreen?

S2000Gan

Whenever I talk to anyone about PCs and Consoles the one topic I find PCs lack in aside from there not being many PC vendors who sell well priced gaming PCs is:
Consoles can do split screen.

Personally I hate split screen because of the awkward resolution ratios you end up with and by the time you have 4 player split screen sure you have a normal W:H ratio but now its just too small.
But I can see why It's a good selling point. The awkward split isnt too big a deal for casual play such as casual games, co-op, and "friendly" multiplayer.

Do you think it would be good for the PC gaming industry to offer multiplayer on a single computer?

From games where all the players are on the same screen to split screen.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Between split screen and not being able to play a game with a friend next to me. I'll pick split screen any day.

No. I hate splitscreen, and prefer to have all of my display.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would like to see split screen, it sucks some times playing games by your self.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I think the PC could use some split screen multiplayer games. It'd be even better if you could use separate monitors instead of splitting a single one, for those with multiple monitors.

I don't like it since it's a pretty bad experience and it takes away from the time developers have to improve other aspects of the game.

Yes, definitely!  That's one of my gripes with the PC as a platform.  Local multiplayer is definitely nice when you want to hang out with friends and compete casually, especially if you've got more of a living room gaming setup.

And it can be so easily implemented in things like racing games and such.  I don't see why it's not done.

It does seem to be disappearing on consoles as well, though.  Or at least in the games I like to play.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

If you have 3+ screens why the hell not?

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

It would be nice to see it.  but there should be a program capable of detecting 2 mouse/keyboard. 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

only PCs can do Eyefinity.....

Of course sombody might say, well consoles can play higher resolutions on a 50"TV

PCs can do the same with three TVs

How about this:

You have two monitors and your friend uses the other one while you use your main monitor.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Yes, definitely!  That's one of my gripes with the PC as a platform.  Local multiplayer is definitely nice when you want to hang out with friends and compete casually, especially if you've got more of a living room gaming setup.

And it can be so easily implemented in things like racing games and such.  I don't see why it's not done.

It does seem to be disappearing on consoles as well, though.  Or at least in the games I like to play.

Interesting thought! I didnt think about that, but youre right! More and more games on console are dropping local 4 player and many are even dropping local 2 player!

If you have 3+ screens why the hell not?

Another good point I didnt think of. Split screen where really youre just using 2 displays!

It would be nice to see it.  but there should be a program capable of detecting 2 mouse/keyboard. 

Honestly I dont think It should be that hard. Pretty sure there are at least a few PC games that already let you plug 4 xbox controllers into your PC and have one map to each player. But I could be wrong as I cant think of any off the top of my head.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Of course sombody might say, well consoles can play higher resolutions on a 50"TV

They can play higher resolutions on a 50" TV? What?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

PCs can do the same with three TVs

They can play higher resolutions on a 50" TV? What?

I was just thinking the same thing. Dont consoles play most games at 720p if I recall?

nd a few at 1080p with lower Graphics settings?

I was just thinking the same thing. Dont consoles play most games at 720p if I recall?

nd a few at 1080p with lower Graphics settings?

Worse than 720p. With Black Ops II, the game is rendered at 800x600. Something like that. If it's optimized(say Uncharted), then it runs at full res.

I think it'd be a nice feature for gamepad-based games, but I could see problems with space constraints when you have 2 keyboard/mouse sets in front of the typical 22-27 inch monitor that's meant to sit relatively close to the face. Neither player would have a very convenient viewing angle without making it too cramped. 

Having the option is nice, especially if it's well optimized for multi monitor systems, but it's not really one of my priorities and in many cases I'd prefer the devs focusing on something else.

Local multiplayer/Split screen would definitely help the PC regain popularity compared to consoles.
But unfortunately, Instead of continuing to try to push the PC as a media center and gaming platform, Microsoft is trying to push the Xbox as such. Sigh...

WE NEED SPLIT SCREEN (and a way to play on two seperate monitors)
but we need it, it would be AMAZING, as a gaming PC for the TV like the LEET will actually have functionality, making PC from this image of "HAVING to play on the desk" which I prefer but apparently it's what console gamers hold dear and it's the only reason why they aren't moving to PC

I would like to see split screen, it sucks some times playing games by your self.

;)

How about this:

You have two monitors and your friend uses the other one while you use your main monitor.

I'm pretty sure you can do this, if you set up AMD HydraVision, it allows you to use two monitors for the same game. If they are the same resolution, then you can split the screen vertically and have two separate screens for each player. I know this works on Portal 2.

I'm pretty sure you can do this, if you set up AMD HydraVision, it allows you to use two monitors for the same game. If they are the same resolution, then you can split the screen vertically and have two separate screens for each player. I know this works on Portal 2.

Are you srs

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

splitscreen... have big screen, why not?
but multiple screen would better.

I think 1 screen 2 player would be good too, not split.

Where am I? What is this place?

I think the PC could use some split screen multiplayer games. It'd be even better if you could use separate monitors instead of splitting a single one, for those with multiple monitors.

This is a awesome idea , i mean don't get me wrong i have people to play with online but when a buddy comes over it sucks that we both can't play :/