Heaven Society - Week 23 (Another, Higurashi) Holloween

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png
This Weeks Anime!

Another

Synopsis

When Koichi Sasakibara transfers to his new school, he can sense something frightening in the atmosphere of his new class, a secret none of them will talk about. At the center is the beautiful girl Mei Misaki. Koichi is immediately drawn to her mysterious aura, but then he begins to realize that no one else in the class is aware of her presence.
Read more at ANN

fqk2kil.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Links to Watch
hulu

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Synopsis

On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.
Read more at ANN

py44ZYN.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Links to Watch
currently dont have anywhere to watch (will look later)

Bonus show

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Synopsis

Courage the Cowardly Dog follows a dog named Courage, an easily frightened canine who lives in a farmhouse with Muriel and Eustace Bagge near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas. "Abandoned" as a puppy, Courage was found in an alleyway by Muriel, a sweet-natured Irish woman, who fell in love with the pink puppy, and her husband Eustace, a grouchy, selfish, greedy farmer who constantly harasses Courage and is unfair to him.

Courage, Muriel, and Eustace frequently run into monsters, aliens, demons, mad scientists, zombies, and other supernatural perils from Myths and Legends that Courage must fend off to save his owners, unbeknownst to them. Although most of the creatures that the three face are frightening or disturbing, some turn out to be sweet and simply in distress. The plot generally uses horror conventions, common to horror films.
read more at wikipedia

tumblr_m45ej3UG581ruyfj5o1_500.gif

Links to Watch
currently dont have anywhere to watch (will look later)

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Oh will you look at that... My favorite genre... Horror... This ought to be fun.... Its not like I needed sleep anyway...

GOKGYTT.jpg

dont worry no such thing as scary anime... it seems anyways lol

dont worry no such thing as scary anime... it seems anyways lol

We shall see... The Aoi Bungaku series was pretty freaky.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Trust me, spent almost two years forced to babysit my 1 and 2 year old siblings while they are watching Teletubies and you'll get immune to anything...im not joking.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I'd say higirashi would have been the only one in the poll that really fit horror. My brain just melted when I watched it so I umm gave up.

Higurashi is best to watch alone in a quiet, dark room in the middle of the night... While wearing headphones...

The picture for another looks like rita from chuunibyou no demo no something. but with the eye patch on the wrong side

Steve

OMFG HIGURASHI <33333

just a warrning there are some disturbing scenes in that awesome anime

nail ripping scene is the best

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

FUCK FORGOT TO SUBMIT:

TOKYO GHOUL!

(ANN)

Well its too late now, btw its scary as shit! shits intense yo!

[multiple foul language were used on this sentence] -- bro!

I find it good, the tense building up kinda send chills and curiosity but since the Halloween poll = closed. might as well share it! ;3

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

OMFG HIGURASHI <33333

FUCK FORGOT TO SUBMIT:

TOKYO GHOUL!

(ANN)

Well its too late now, btw its scary as shit! shits intense yo!

[multiple foul language were used on this sentence] -- bro!

I find it good, the tense building up kinda send chills and curiosity but since the Halloween poll = closed. might as well share it! ;3

TcvJQfq.gif

Going to squeeze Higurashi into my list, I've so many k horror films to watch though it'll be interesting to find the time.

It takes me nearly twice as long to watch them without subtitles have to rewind and hear certain sentences twice or thrice :/

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

OMFG HIGURASHI <33333

post-17956-0-22815400-1414419353.jpg

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Another is a nice supernatural story, With a mysterious twist; And Higurashi follows a similar genre each being some of the scariest anime you can find; Granted anime isn't that scary as a whole so overall it's the best of the genre but the genres pretty bland... Higurashi is the one I prefer and the one I've seen more of and more recently though;

Higurashi is a show about how even the most normal people in the most "normal" of places can have things deep down you have no clue about and very much so a show that teaches you not to judge a book by it's cover... As all of it's main characters are children in a tiny village who each have some inner demons they try and deal with (usually by ignoring) but they also have some outer demons in the form of living in a haunted village and all but our main most character KEIICHI MAEBARA, and some of the least important characters in the show have some sort of relation to the demons of the town and because of the fact the all the characters are unstable and the place they live is also unstable things are bound to go wrong Higurashi uses a time loop to show the many many ways that things could go wrong; As a visual novel adaptation this was probably the best way to go (Yes it's based on a visual novel infact it's my second favorite visual novel adaptation behind school days but that's another<nice pun eh?> story)... But as a little cue to the visual novel there is a over arching story between all the time loops and it's your job to figure this out much as if you were playing the game...

And now it's time to speak about ANOTHER ANIME titled ANOTHER in this anime there is still a haunting presence but rather than it be characters inner demons or demons plagueing a village, it's a high school girl and a curse; This just goes to tell you why anime are almost exclusively made in Japan...  The main characters of this one(see what I did there?) unlike Higurashi don't have any connections to the issue and there for are free to solve it if they can survive it long enough to attempt to do so. Also another thing about this curse it's been there for a long time and has just now become an issue, so there is next to no one who they can go to for external help; That being said it wouldn't be too hard to defend themselves and/or solve the mystery but they appointed some of the most idiotic, useless, unreliable, and incompetent people to handle some of the most important tasks...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I dont like horror movies... But horror anime i can watch all day.@Charger have you thought about Anime Twist for streaming?

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

I dont like horror movies... But horror anime i can watch all day.@Charger have you thought about Anime Twist for streaming?

I can find places to stream things but I will only put links to places to leagaly stream things and maybe youtube lol

I can find places to stream things but I will only put links to places to leagaly stream things and maybe youtube lol

Ahhh. Okay. Let me see Anime Twists legality and i'll get back to ya.

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

Down with the youtube and illegal streaming. If your goona do something illegal do it properly. Also those places just rip off work from others.

Ahhh. Okay. Let me see Anime Twists legality and i'll get back to ya.

Here's a hint: It's not.

Just a quick comment, I liked Another, it had good atmosphere and an interesting story and as a show it succeeded in being griping and engaging but as a horror it failed to deliver, I feel that is because I wasn't able to become attached to more than two of the characters so there were no stakes. I liked the twist ending, it was really well done and unexpected.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Just a quick comment, I liked Another, it had good atmosphere and an interesting story and as a show it succeeded in being griping and engaging but as a horror it failed to deliver, I feel that is because I wasn't able to become attached to more than two of the characters so there were no stakes. I liked the twist ending, it was really well done and unexpected.

I think it is a common problem that a anime with horror as a genre tend to fail as horror. I say this only because in making these threads I noticed alot of anime I have seen but never realized horror was in their listed genres