Heaven Society - Week 23 Anime Poll Holloween

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 23 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Another

Synopsis

When Kōichi Sasakibara transfers to his new school, he can sense something frightening in the atmosphere of his new class, a secret none of them will talk about. At the center is the beautiful girl Mei Misaki. Kōichi is immediately drawn to her mysterious aura, but then he begins to realize that no one else in the class is aware of her presence.
Read more at ANN

fqk2kil.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Blood+

Synopsis

Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two major groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organisation known as the "Red Shield", formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate.
Read more at ANN

29DdUjs.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Ghost Hunt

Synopsis

Telling ghost stories is a favorite past time of Mai Taniyama and her friends—that is, until she meets 17-year-old Kazuya Shibuya, the man sent by Shibuya Psychic Research Center to investigate paranormal activity at a supposedly haunted school. When Mai gets caught in a dangerous situation, she is rescued by Kazuya's assistant. Saving her lands the assistant incapacitated, and Kazuya demands that Mai become his assistant, instead...
Read more at ANN

uYAihXW.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Synopsis

On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.
Read more at ANN

py44ZYN.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Paranoia Agent

Synopsis

An elementary school kid dubbed with the title "shounen bat" or "lil slugger" has been going around attacking people with his bent, golden bat. Now, two detectives are investigating so they can stop this kid from making any more attacks, but they will find out soon enough... that this case is much more than they expected.
Read more at ANN

HhaP9ya.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Bonus Show

Ghost Stories
dub

Synopsis

Kids and ghosts. When young Satsuki finds an old book of spells from her passed away mother, she gains the power to fight ghosts that are haunting her new school. With the help of her friends, and of a really wicked devil cat, she must protect everyone around her or be haunted for ever more.
Read more at ANN

On the weekend of August 19, 2005, at the 2005 Otakon anime convention, ADV Films announced an October 2005 release of Ghost Stories on DVD for North American distribution. The controversy stems from ADV's dubbed version, which largely re-writes the original script (while still leaving the basic plot structure and storyline intact) in favor of a comedic one written by ADV screenwriter Steven Foster, and lines that the voice actors ad-libbed. The original Japanese audio and literal subtitle translation are also included on the DVD. A few fans lashed out against the ADV dub, charging that the company made too many edits for the dub simply for the sake of potential successful sales.[citation needed] This in turn, was rebutted by the favorable reviews and the news that the original Japanese licensor, Aniplex, approved the changes.[citation needed] Volume one of Ghost Stories went on sale on October 22, 2005.

In the dub, dialog changes from serious to tongue-in-cheek where characters often break the fourth wall, make pop culture references, engage in brief exposition, and use profanity. For example, in the first episode, when Hajime encounters Momoko for the first time, in the Japanese version, he says "She's beautiful"; however, in the ADV dub, he says "Giggity giggity!" (a reference to Glenn Quagmire from the animated sitcom Family Guy). The ADV dub also references various stores, television shows, and products - Wal-Mart, Charmin toilet paper, Lost, and E! True Hollywood Story.

In addition to dialog changes, other elements of the show were re-worked to facilitate the comedic script. The vocation of Momoko was changed from a psychic to that of a fanatical evangelical, Pentecostal Christian, Satsuki's mother is portrayed as a lesbian, and the Miyanoshita name changed to "Manshita" as a pun. Although, Leo's character is a researcher in the supernatural, in the dub he is also Jewish and has an inferiority complex and Satsuki's young brother Keiichirou is depicted as being mentally challenged. Several minor characters' backgrounds are expanded slightly (mostly for comedic purposes), as well.

On August 28, 2013 Discotek Media announced that they licensed the series and would release it in 2014 with the ADV dub and the Japanese audio with English subtitles.[1] The entire series was released on a 3 Disc set on March 25, 2014.[2]
Read more at wikipedia

T9jJmVF.jpg

ANN

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Synopsis

Courage the Cowardly Dog follows a dog named Courage, an easily frightened canine who lives in a farmhouse with Muriel and Eustace Bagge near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas. "Abandoned" as a puppy, Courage was found in an alleyway by Muriel, a sweet-natured Irish woman, who fell in love with the pink puppy, and her husband Eustace, a grouchy, selfish, greedy farmer who constantly harasses Courage and is unfair to him.

Courage, Muriel, and Eustace frequently run into monsters, aliens, demons, mad scientists, zombies, and other supernatural perils from Myths and Legends that Courage must fend off to save his owners, unbeknownst to them. Although most of the creatures that the three face are frightening or disturbing, some turn out to be sweet and simply in distress. The plot generally uses horror conventions, common to horror films.
read more at wikipedia

tumblr_m45ej3UG581ruyfj5o1_500.gif

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

So none of my suggestions make it in then :( Also dupe pics.

So none of my suggestions make it in then :( Also dupe pics.

most were things suggested 3+ times others just random shit i picked that was said in the thread. thanks for pointing out the images since although i edited 15+ times it seems i never looked at it lol

ghost hunt wins defo, higurashi is close second but just lacks that craziness that ghost hunt has.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Paranoia Agent seems interesting... HOLY SHIT COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG = MORBID SCARY

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Well I won't be able to watch this week's, moved last week and will be another week before I can buy a laptop for while I'm out here.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Hmm is the tagging system still bugged?

Probably

Hmm is the tagging system still bugged?

they arn't fixing anything with this forum until ipb4 comes out so no hope of it ever working until then.

they arn't fixing anything with this forum until ipb4 comes out so no hope of it ever working until then.

How am I gonna get all the anime club members attention when I do the giveaway then? PM everyone? lol

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

"Courage the Cowardly Dog"

.... Lol wat?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

.... Lol wat?

That was my initial response but I let it slideeee 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

.... Lol wat?

That is why I called it bonus show not bonus anime lol both are not really well suited for an anime club poll lol

That is why I called it bonus show not bonus anime lol both are not really well suited for an anime club poll lol

COURAGE IS AN AMERICAN ANIME! 'MURICA FUCK YEAH

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Poll is closed and the winners are Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Courage the Cowardly Dog

LTTAnimeClub-CompletedWeek23Poll.png

Poll is closed and the winners are Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Courage the Cowardly Dog

Posted Image
I'm not a big fan of being spooked...

Posted Image

IcSevmC.gif

wait dont quit yet... he left another of the list. well first he only had another when i told him he missed one he just changed another for Higurashi lol

wait dont quit yet... he left another of the list. well first he only had another when i told him he missed one he just changed another for Higurashi lol

?????????????????????? List?

Don´t Worry, I´ll watch Courage....But nowayinhell ill Rewatch Higurashi. 100% dislike to whoever made it! I´ll take Attack on Giant babies instead. 

Posted Image

Hey im the one that had to post that.