Tesla Runs Into Trouble Again

Victorious Secret

04449129.jpg?uuid=hWJmLFr5EeS9YTRq7ma6KQ

I wish I had some comments to add to this, but I can't get my head around the fact that the government could be this stupid and corrupt and that dealer associations could be this desperate to block what is otherwise a perfectly fine attempt by Tesla to shake up the status quo. 

No words, only face in palming at whats going on here. 

What’s good for General Motors dealers is good for America.

Or so allegedly free-market, anti-protectionist Republican legislators and governors pretend to think, given that they have been doing their damnedest to protect auto dealers (for both GM and others, to be fair) from the threat of competition.

This week Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder ® signed a law effectively banning Tesla Motors, the high-end electric car manufacturer, from selling its cars in the state. It is the fifth state to do so, following Texas, Arizona, New Jersey and Maryland, and a slew of other states are erecting other creative restrictions that make it harder for the Silicon Valley upstart to sell cars locally. 

To clarify, none of these states has explicitly singled out Tesla in legislative language; instead, they just require anyone wishing to sell a car to consumers to do so through an independent dealership. The middleman, you see, wants his cut.

Why is this so obviously targeting Tesla? Tesla prefers to sell through its own corporate-owned stores and, for various reasons, has refused to participate in the traditional franchise dealership model. Because of this, in some of the states that bar Tesla from opening its own stores, the manufacturer has instead opened informational “galleries” where customers can ogle cars but cannot discuss prices, go on test drives or actually purchase the vehicles. Tesla representatives say the new Michigan law forbids even these galleries (though consumers still can, sight-unseen, purchase the cars online).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/catherine-rampell-lawmakers-put-up-a-stop-sign-for-tesla/2014/10/23/ff328efa-5af4-11e4-bd61-346aee66ba29_story.html

Here is what I have to say to Congress and the United states government now 

....................../´¯/) 

....................,/¯../ 
.................../..../ 
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 
.........\.................'...../ 
..........''...\.......... _.·´ 
............\..............( 

..............\.............\...

Your corrupt as hell

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

is this tesla associated with nvidia's tesla cpu's(i think they are cpu's)?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Republican? Don't make me fucking laugh, Michigan is a deeply blue state, the only reason this is possible of because Democrats love affair with unions (who are the ones blocking tesla from the sounds of it). Not to mention that New Jersey and Maryland are blue states as well, with unions. Try finding a less politically charged article, or at least one that's accurate.

Not to mention that it was the Democrats in the first place that bailed out GM when they should have let it fail. None of this would be possible under true capitalism because it's anti regulation, the other companies could complain, but otherwise do nothing against tesla, but no, we have to have regulations and unions "to make sure everything is fair and equal" except that it's not, everyone is equal you see, just some are more equal than others.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Also the fact that the Republicans want less government intervention and less taxes and look out for the big man whke the democrats are supposed to look after the little man hence the middleman.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Also the fact that the Republicans want less government intervention and less taxes and look out for the big man whke the democrats are supposed to look after the little man hence the middleman.

Not just "the big man" it's supposed to be for everyone, little business and big business, it's just been corrupted and twisted by both the politicians and the media. Granted the republicans are in the wrong on things like net neutrality. Less taxes on businesses are good for both the startup and the big corporation.

Republican? Don't make me fucking laugh, Michigan is a deeply blue state, the only reason this is possible of because Democrats love affair with unions (who are the ones blocking tesla from the sounds of it). Not to mention that New Jersey and Maryland are blue states as well, with unions. Try finding a less politically charged article, or at least one that's accurate.

Not to mention that it was the Democrats in the first place that bailed out GM when they should have let it fail.

Both New Jersey and Michigan have republican governors and a large republican base in their governments that can get laws pushed through. Also, atleast in NJ, the dealers are like a mafia who will do anything to stay in power and are not a union.

Oh America, the land of the right wing and even more right wing.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Both New Jersey and Michigan have republican governors and a large republican base in their governments that can get laws pushed through. Also, atleast in NJ, the dealers are like a mafia who will do anything to stay in power and are not a union.

Um, fairly sure that the New Jersey Automotive dealers association could be considered a union. I do agree that this is what lobbying with money gets us (people forget that the individual can lobby their representative, you are supposed to be able to go and meet with your representative and ask them questions, but good luck getting in).

And I would point out that up until recently, NJ, Maryland, and Michigan have been blue states for a while. This is a bullshit law, but I would point out that 

Governor Rick Snyder signed bipartisan legislation Tuesday aimed at discouraging Tesla Motors from selling its electric cars directly through company stores.

House Bill 5606, sponsored by state Rep. Aric Nesbitt, also prohibits auto manufacturers from dictating fees franchised dealers can charge customers. The legislation allows individual auto dealers to make the business decision whether to charge the transaction fee.

Bipartisan, meaning supported by both D and R (which there is no real difference these days). I would point out that this bill is protecting small businesses (dealerships) instead of favoring Big business (Tesla). While I will say that Tesla should have every right to sell their product in the way they want

This is what's wrong with our government, they keep regulating businesses in retarded ways. A company should be able to run the way it wants, the only thing government should have a say in is if a product is safe to use, and if a manufacturing process is safe.

Tesla presents no real threat, IMO. I don't see what the big three are getting their panties in a wad over. Might even be good for GM. They could get an up close look at properly engineered electric vehicle and maybe get a fucking clue.

I use to love GM, but not anymore.

Don't worry guys Tesla will prevail. Especially with the company's current position and future prospects.

Their business strategy is pretty transparent and should work well just by brute forcing the market.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

anyone who wants a Tesla (given their available models and their price points) can easily just buy one from a different state. When/if Tesla is big enough, they will setup their own dealer franchise - but it's obvious they just don't care enough right now

so you shouldn't either - get over it. let stupid politicians waste their time on completely unimportant issues

anyone who wants a Tesla (given their available models and their price points) can easily just buy one from a different state. When/if Tesla is big enough, they will setup their own dealer franchise - but it's obvious they just don't care enough right now

so you shouldn't either - get over it. let stupid politicians waste their time on completely unimportant issues

This. I fail to see why Tesla is so dead set against letting someone else sell their product. Franchises exist for a reason, because it's cheaper for the manufacturer. Sure it's probably more expensive for us the consumer, but that's never going to change either way.

Here is what I have to say to Congress and the United states government now 

....................../´¯/) 

....................,/¯../ 

.................../..../ 

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 

.........\.................'...../ 

..........''...\.......... _.·´ 

............\..............( 

..............\.............\...

Your corrupt as hell

you're* ;)

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

This. I fail to see why Tesla is so dead set against letting someone else sell their product. Franchises exist for a reason, because it's cheaper for the manufacturer. Sure it's probably more expensive for us the consumer, but that's never going to change either way.

Eh it's their business they can want whatever they want. That dealerships (and don't kid yourself manufacturers are deeply in bed with dealerships) are fighting so hard tooth and nail to stop Tesla says something. It sure seems like they're afraid of their gravy train stopping. And are pushing States through any means necessary to approve these huge anti competitive laws. That in itself is scary.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Quality of service would be more consistent. Tesla isn't a company that's goal is for profit its goal is to change the car market.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Isn't Tesla a US company? wouldn't them making money be good for the US economy? rather than dealerships selling German or Japanese vehicles? I guess the oil industry hurts the most which is where the real threat lies.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Not to mention that it was the Democrats in the first place that bailed out GM when they should have let it fail. None of this would be possible under true capitalism because it's anti regulation, the other companies could complain, but otherwise do nothing against tesla, but no, we have to have regulations and unions "to make sure everything is fair and equal" except that it's not, everyone is equal you see, just some are more equal than others.

More than half the Michigan government is republican right now.

Not just "the big man" it's supposed to be for everyone, little business and big business, it's just been corrupted and twisted by both the politicians and the media. Granted the republicans are in the wrong on things like net neutrality. Less taxes on businesses are good for both the startup and the big corporation.

Oh please, the republics tax the little guys into submission and put more tax breaks in for big businesses. The only republican not guilty of this is Ron Paul.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

From the sounds of it, certain states think that this is bad for their dealers. So, they try to help them. This is a local thing about dealerships and legislation thinking they need to protect certain people when in reality they can hurt future progression of certain kinds of businesses and products.

man some of you kids have no understanding how dealership franchises work

If Tesla setup a franchise, THEY CAN STILL DICTATE QUALIFICATIONS

The main reason Tesla wants to sell direct right now is to guarantee an informed buyer experience on such a new technology

You can easily enforce heavy training to all franchise buyers (those that want to open a dealership) so that they were 90% as informed and trained as direct employees - it would just cost money and effort

combine that fact with the price point, target audience, and sales figures of Tesla's ----> it makes no economic sense AT THIS TIME for Tesla to care

Hehe, those are Dutch plates on the cars in the picture.

But this new law sounds retarded, are they afraid of a bit competition?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Isn't Tesla a US company? wouldn't them making money be good for the US economy? rather than dealerships selling German or Japanese vehicles? I guess the oil industry hurts the most which is where the real threat lies.

It doesn't exactly work like that. The money the US economy generates from dealerships outweighs Tesla's profit margin for cash flow back into the economy.

Dealerships have always been around to sell cars. Now a car company wants to sell their cars directly to the consumer. The dealerships will definitely feel threatened.

man some of you kids have no understanding how dealership franchises work

If Tesla setup a franchise, THEY CAN STILL DICTATE QUALIFICATIONS

The main reason Tesla wants to sell direct right now is to guarantee an informed buyer experience on such a new technology

You can easily enforce heavy training to all franchise buyers (those that want to open a dealership) so that they were 90% as informed and trained as direct employees - it would just cost money and effort

combine that fact with the price point, target audience, and sales figures of Tesla's ----> it makes no economic sense AT THIS TIME for Tesla to care

Well a lot of the members here are kids after all. Having not taken a step into the financial world yet.

If they're going to block Tesla from selling to consumers directly without the middle-man, their excuse likely is that it'll hurt the state's economy because apparently a good chunk of the overall state revenue comes from automobile sales. This is a poor way of protecting state revenue, in my opinion. What they need to do is make the auto dealers stop pressuring consumers into buying something they may not need or cannot afford and giving crappy deals. You have to always walk into a dealership with your head high, and always force the salesman to give you want you want for the price you want if your credit is fine (credit is another issue entirely, but the fault lies with the consumer there, regardless).

So if they're going to block Tesla sales, they may as well block Amazon too. They're not doing it, and you wanna know why? The dealerships make so much damn money for themselves that they can lobby for something like blocking direct Tesla sales. This is as dumb as Comcast and Verizon wanting Netflix to "pay their dues" for such high traffic when the ISP's themselves refuse to do any infrastructure upgrading in areas that actually need it.

The problem isn't with Tesla's way of doing business.