Canadian Parliament Building in Lockdown (Multiple Shots fired)

emachado99

Hey guys sorry in advanced Im on my phone, I'll post later when I am home on my PC....

But there has been multiple shots fired on Parliament Hill this morning. Priminister, Stehphen Harper was rushed out the building away from the scene.

A solider was shot, while at the war memorial downtown Ottawa. No word how he is doing yet.

Ottawa Police and RCMP units are there, including tactical units. Police snipers are also on roofs. Many people are being evacuated from the areas, and people are also being told to stay off roofs and away from windows in the area as well.

Link to story: http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/parliament-shooting/article21217602/?service=mobile&click=sf_globe

Also you find lots about this on Twitter, by searching #ottawa

According to what I've read the soldier is alive at this point.  3 separate shootings apparently.  1 shooter dead at this point, possibly two. 

According to what I've read the soldier is alive at this point.  3 separate shootings apparently.  1 shooter dead at this point, possibly two. 

Last I checked that was correct. gotta admit, Didnt expect to wake up to that kind of news today to say the least

What I heard through unofficial means. 
NORAD on Alert
3-6 US Fighters flew north from Quantico

1 shooter escaped, on the 417, on a motorcycle
1-2 dead shooters
Soldier may have died

All CF bases locked down
JTF2 Deployed

System: Windows 8.1 Pro\Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme\Intel i7 3930k @3.2ghz (Very Lazy)\Corsair H110\16 GB Corsair Vengance 4x4gb @1600 MHZ\2x Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming in SLI \2TB Seagate Barracuda, 256 GB Samsung 840 Evo \Corsair Air 540\OCZ ZX1250\Silverstone Red extensions 

Monitors: DP2710 X-Star, Asus PB287Q

Wow. A multi person organized assault is bad news. I wonder what their motivation is/was?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Wow. A multi person organized assault is bad news. I wonder what their motivation is/was?

Probably ISIS given the context of recent events, though nobody is sure so take everything with a grain of salt. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I don't think so... But quite a few people think it's linked to this ISIS shit.

I doubt it, but who knows?

Probably ISIS given the context of recent events, though nobody is sure so take everything with a grain of salt. 

I would be very hesitant to declare ISIS just yet. It is possible, but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

An attack in Quebec a few days ago on CF members was by a ISIS sympathizer, and ISIS has given an order for members and sympathizers to attack and kill any western uniformed soldiers they see in home countries.

Plenty of reason to believe ISIS is to blame, but no real evidence yet.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

SOME Schools up to 50km away are locked down 

System: Windows 8.1 Pro\Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme\Intel i7 3930k @3.2ghz (Very Lazy)\Corsair H110\16 GB Corsair Vengance 4x4gb @1600 MHZ\2x Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming in SLI \2TB Seagate Barracuda, 256 GB Samsung 840 Evo \Corsair Air 540\OCZ ZX1250\Silverstone Red extensions 

Monitors: DP2710 X-Star, Asus PB287Q

It has just been tweeted that he is dead though not official it is from a high government official.

I'm fearing that this isn't the end of the attacks. It's entirely possible, even probable at this point, that more attacks will take place.

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

My prediction is what @Fate said as well. Given the incident that happened most recently where a Canadian Soldier was killed in a Hit N' Run by a jihadist.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It seems there wasn't an incident at the mall.

It's possible the gunman from the memorial is the same one from the Parliament building. He was killed upon entering the Parliament building. Media has not reported on the possibility of another person escaping on motorbike, but it's another unknown at this point.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Unfortunately the soldier who was shot did not survive and succumbed to his injuries.. my thoughts and condolences go to his family.

They're in the process now of clearing Parliament Hill. I was reading/watching these articles:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1628313/shots-fired-at-war-memorial-in-ottawa-says-witness/

http://globalnews.ca/news/1628411/live-blog-shots-fired-on-parliament-hill/

http://globalnews.ca/news/1628313/shots-fired-at-war-memorial-in-ottawa-says-witness/?hootPostID=f6177cc7fa9bc3d71ad6774ba8ca38cd

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Canada-Shooting-Parliament-Soldier-New-York-City-Terror-Alert-280072762.html

ottawa-shooting-bigtreatment.jpg?w=1120&

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726

its high time...... Obliterate ISIS

fixed

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well ISIS couldn't get into 'Murica so where else is there? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well ISIS couldn't get into 'Murica so where else is there? 

I dont buy that. If they wanted to get into the US, they certainly could.

I dont buy that. If they wanted to get into the US, they certainly could.

But would they have been able to pull this off in the US? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

huh. Kudos for getting that far though. 

Gotta say, I was kinda impressed surprised they didn't shoot him as soon as he made it past the door.

Gotta say, I was kinda impressed surprised they didn't shoot him as soon as he made it past the door.

I'm actually rather surprised he got inside. 

There's a story to tell your grandchildren.