Apple's new A8X processor dominates the benchmarks

solosdk

Apples new A8X processor has been found to have been geekbenched, showing a triple-core processor (for the first time since 2011 from dual-core) clocked at 1.5Ghz and contains 2GB of RAM

The benchmark shows that the A8X single-handedly beats the new iPhone 6's in single-core and multi-core processing.

Google has recently announced their new Nexus 9 with Tegra K1, which has also been benchmarked.

See the results for yourselves:

v7VfWEj.jpg

5S61KIL.jpg

and now a Nexus 9 comparison

1qa6LCV.jpg

As you can see, the A8X is one multi-core monster indeed.

Now awaiting GPU benchmarks which I suspect will, again, annihilate any other mobile SoC.

How does multi-platform benchmark work with phones?

I'm pretty sure it's not balanced considering that iOS is much lighter. 

Also, the 801 is just a overclocked 800 with 4K video capability. So the brand new phone is against the CPU from Q3 2013. 

Just wait till the 810 in the Xperia Z4. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

well great but i am still raging about the i watch and how everyone thinks my pebble is an iwatch jesus 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

will we see an actual real world difference?

I would say maybe in some applications like camera, and boot/login times, but other than that, I dont see phones required to get any faster for the near future.

But of course, the industry must go on :D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I wouldnt say it 'dominates' when theres at least one device over it

I don't see any device scoring higher?

will we see an actual real world difference?

I would say maybe in some applications like camera, and boot/login times, but other than that, I dont see phones required to get any faster for the near future.

But of course, the industry must go on :D

We're talking about tablets here, with some phone inclusion, but mainly tablets.

I don't see any device scoring higher?

was looking at the iPhone not the new iPad, but still doesnt really matter when apple limits their capabilities

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

We're talking about tablets here, with some phone inclusion, but mainly tablets.

well I meant tablets as well, (had a brain fart) but now that I think about it, I guess only Graphics performance has to improve every gen because of the higher resolution displays a lot of manufacturers are showing off

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

was looking at the iPhone not the new iPad, but still doesnt really matter when apple limits their capabilities

What do you mean by that?

Some more benchmarks of the Air 2 absolutely wrecking it!

Against Apples own limited device tree though.

*plays BF4 on iPhone*

yeah umm really who cares it's a cell phone not a gaming rig or a supercomputer. It's to call people and kill time with flash games, that's it. Angry Birds and your boss, 7 days a week. My two-year-old Samsung Galaxy Reverb can do that, so what's the applicable difference with this?

Well, at least for android, we can just run our current flagships on the 801 CPU. (4 Cores, 2.5GHz)

Just like the Dual>Triple core shift for AMD Desktops WAY WAY WAY back... The X3, over the X2 ring a bell anyone? :P

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

*plays BF4 on iPhone*

yeah umm really who cares it's a cell phone not a gaming rig or a supercomputer. It's to call people and kill time with flash games, that's it. Angry Birds and your boss, 7 days a week. My two-year-old Samsung Galaxy Reverb can do that, so what's the applicable difference with this?

The A8X is only on the iPad, which you can presume that it can be used as a more "hardcore" gaming device than a mobile phone. With the new Metal API instead of OpenGL, there's more performance and better graphics too.

What do you mean by that?

how walled in apple devices are

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

how walled in apple devices are

Meh I think iOS 8 is great. Nothing "walled in" about it. I can browse the Internet fine, I can watch media fine, I can download great apps and games. What's bad about that? Nothing. You can do the same on Android.

Meh I think iOS 8 is great. Nothing "walled in" about it. I can browse the Internet fine, I can watch media fine, I can download great apps and games. What's bad about that? Nothing. You can do the same on Android.

I dont count that as 'open' but im not here to argue about it

i wonder how good stock quad A57 are in big little config

also triple core :)

ahh the  days of triple AMD cpus good times

people used to unlock the 4th core since they weren't fused off :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I would still take a one plus one at a 3rd of the cost any day. It still puts a whoopin on the 6+ in multithreaded. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yes, it dominates against other apple products. But that 3 cores and 2gb of ram though.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

so the iPhone 6, a dual core, is faster than the Galaxy s5, a quad core. Seems like I was right all along, Apple's dual cores>Snapdragon quad cores. Haters come at me.

How does multi-platform benchmark work with phones?

I'm pretty sure it's not balanced considering that iOS is much lighter. 

You're basically saying "these tests aren't fair because android runs more shittily than iOS".