Need help convincing someone that gaming doesn't break a CPU

Hi,

My friends' GPU broke a couple weeks ago.

I told him he could use his CPU to play low quality games.

We play Counter Strike Global Offensive a lot which does not require a lot of resources to run at all.

He's using an Interl® Core i7-4770K

One problem: He and his father think that gaming on just a CPU is bad for the CPU.

His CPU is not overclocked or overvolted. Temperatures are not exceeding 50 degrees when gaming.

I told him that nothing could happen when he's just gaming on it and temperatuers are not exceeding 90 degrees.

He doesn't believe me so i'm asking you people to help me convince him that it doesn't break, even if it's just reassuring him that it won't.

Please help me educate the average crowd.

Thank you in advance!

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

If it would break the CPU then why is there an integrated CPU present in the first place? If it would break then they would not put it in the CPU.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

-.-

*sigh*

play on your CPU and explain the maximum thermal limits etc.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I would be asking why he got a k CPU and hasn't overclocked it, could of got the none k and saved money.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

if it was bad for the CPU why would intel let you game on it.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

-.-

*sigh*

play on your CPU and explain the maximum thermal limits etc.

I explained to him the only way a cpu would every break is either: Overvolting, Overheating or physical damage by breaking pins.

But he was still unsure.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro

Thank you people! WE HAVE DONE IT!!!!

CPU:

I explained to him the only way a cpu would every break is either: Overvolting, Overheating or physical damage by breaking pins.

But he was still unsure.

Now he is just being paranoid

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Now he is just being paranoid

We have done it! 

Society thanks you for your service.

CPU:

We have done it! 

Society thanks you for your service.

GOOD!

This is nothing. My friend's parents believe that gaming is bad for your PC. And that him playing games is damaging the 1000€ computer they bought him to play games on...

His motherboard has actually been acting weird for several years and he had to reinstall his OS every week. They blamed him for this.

On the other hand, his sister downloaded shitty free crap random games that were literally disgusting and she isn't being blamed for anything.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Thank you people! WE HAVE DONE IT!!!!

how?

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

how?

Appearently all these anwers convinced him... :/

CPU:

Dont game on a CPU, it can explode the mosfets

but srsly...

why the hell does he think that, he must be old school where gaming on IGP was just friggun terrible, does he think intel put decent on board GPU's in there for fun? the hd4600 can play shadow of mordor and farcry 3 (low settings, 720p) 

I overclocked & overvolted my onboard gpu from 1.1ghz to 1.65ghz and added 200mv's

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I saw this post on SPUF some time ago, having a hard time finding it... oh well.

I know it's resolved, but I'll say this anyway:

Both your friend and his dad probably are thinking of your computer like a car; if the parts under the hood are stressed too much, wear and tear is increased, and permanent damage to the engine is done.  Computers are not like that; they can be overclocked and stressed all they want provided they have the necessary cooling, which is a given nowadays.  If you have the proper temps, then you can play on it all you want without a care.

Might I add, that the iGP is a separate unit from the CPU, so it's not like you're doing anything crazy with the CPU that might mess it up.

[witty signature]

Hi,

My friends' GPU broke a couple weeks ago.

I told him he could use his CPU to play low quality games.

We play Counter Strike Global Offensive a lot which does not require a lot of resources to run at all.

He's using an Interl® Core i7-4770K

One problem: He and his father think that gaming on just a CPU is bad for the CPU.

His CPU is not overclocked or overvolted. Temperatures are not exceeding 50 degrees when gaming.

I told him that nothing could happen when he's just gaming on it and temperatuers are not exceeding 90 degrees.

He doesn't believe me so i'm asking you people to help me convince him that it doesn't break, even if it's just reassuring him that it won't.

Please help me educate the average crowd.

Thank you in advance!

Why are you friends with this idiot? He and his father sound too stupid to be your friends. Get new friends. Problem solved.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Why are you friends with this idiot? He and his father sound too stupid to be your friends. Get new friends. Problem solved.

Done.

CPU:

Done.

If games killed CPU's there would be no such thing as the internet.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Whuuuut ? I'm still lost

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

lol

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |