water cooling vs air cooling

alvez

well ive recently bough an i5 4690k 

im wondering if i should buy a water cooler or a air cooler ?

im looking for some suggestions, my budget is arround 75 € ;)

thanks! :D

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

how much will you be overclocking?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

well a CLC is good if you consider it but I still go with noctua nh-d15 (I'm a D14 fan :D)

if you got the budget to blow I'd really say go on custom loop. not only do they keep the temp down (not lower than room temp) but it will make your slut look more sexy.

Live your life like a dream.

noctua nh-d15

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Watercooling looks cleaner, air coolers are cheaper and stick out a lot.

I'd suggest going with watercooling if you plan to overclock, there are some great aios out there. (H100i, h110, etc..)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

how much will you be overclocking?

to be honest ill not overclock hugly just going to keep it like 4.1 or less, even 3.9 all the time (stock turbo)..

would you bother take a look at this post? 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/235196-i5-4690k-temperature/#entry3222310

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

well a CLC is good if you consider it but I still go with noctua nh-d15 (I'm a D14 fan :D)

if you got the budget to blow I'd really say go on custom loop. not only do they keep the temp down (not lower than room temp) but it will make your slut look more sexy.

i really like the aspect of this one_! http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/v8-gts/ i dont know if its good tho xD ty

to be honest ill not overclock hugly just going to keep it like 4.1 or less, even 3.9 all the time (stock turbo)..

your fine with air then

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well lets compare high end AIO's and high end Air coolers:

Performance: same

reliability: Air wins

noise: Air wins by a mile

cost: Air wins

Installation: AIO wins

looks: Personal

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

noctua nh-d15

this looks similar to that one, i really like tha aspect

http://www.coolermas...-cooler/v8-gts/ is it good ?

Preference? I like the H110. I like its aesthetic. It's complete overkill -- the voltage I would need for temps to be an issue would degrade my CPU in itself, I like the fact that its fans attach to the case and dump the heat straight out, and I'm more comfortable with not hanging a massive lump of metal from a thin sheet of fibreglass. To get the same performance from an air cooler you're limited to the NH-D15, whose overhang gives it compatibility issues with motherboards whose first PCI slot is their 16x PCI-E that you need for a GPU.

Oh. Well in that case grab the CM Hyper 212 EVO.

Well lets compare high end AIO's and high end Air coolers:

Performance: same

reliability: Air wins

noise: Air wins by a mile

cost: Air wins

Installation: AIO wins

looks: Personal

any suggestons on air ones :P ?

ive really been looking to this one! :) 

http://www.coolermas...-cooler/v8-gts/ 

Preference? I like the H110. I like its aesthetic. It's complete overkill -- the voltage I would need for temps to be an issue would degrade my CPU in itself, I like the fact that its fans attach to the case and dump the heat straight out, and I'm more comfortable with not hanging a massive lump of metal from a thin sheet of fibreglass. To get the same performance from an air cooler you're limited to the NH-D15, whose overhang gives it compatibility issues with motherboards whose first PCI slot is their 16x PCI-E that you need for a GPU.

Oh. Well in that case grab the CM Hyper 212 EVO.

but well i dont know in the future u know..i like this one: is it good! :D ?

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/cooling/coolers-para-cpu/cooler-master-v8-gts.html

any suggestons on air ones :P ?

ive really been looking to this one! :)

http://www.coolermas...-cooler/v8-gts/ 

I wouldn't recommend the V8 tbh, it performs ok, but its actually really loud for an air cooler and I think its ugly as fu.

This is the list of high end ones I recommend:

NH-D15

NH-D14

NH-U14s

cryorig r1

phanteks ph-tc14pe

Be quiet! dark rock pro 3

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Noctua NH-D15 = Top Dog of Air Coolers

NZXT Kraken X61 = Top Dog of AIOs (I know the H220X exists, but that one is special)

Custom Loop = Best of All, but will also rape your dear wallet.

Depends on how much you're going to overclock, if it's mild, just get something like an NH-D14 or Dark Rock Pro 3. If you're going to overclock to high hell, I would get an AIO, NH-D15 or if money allows, a Custom Loop.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

that engine looking one hahaha I have that one on my htpc rig (old one and slapped it in) made it look good.

well I for one made a custom loop on my gaming (i3) rig just for the looks. if you really like the sexy look of custom look go ahead :)

Live your life like a dream.

this looks similar to that one, i really like tha aspect

http://www.coolermas...-cooler/v8-gts/ is it good ?

no... the v8 looks good but is just bad, noctua nh-d15 is the best cpu cooler out there!

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

that engine looking one hahaha I have that one on my htpc rig (old one and slapped it in) made it look good.

well I for one made a custom loop on my gaming (i3) rig just for the looks. if you really like the sexy look of custom look go ahead :)

ill not overclock that much you know ;) i just play counter strike global offensive, i just want it to be safe and cool (temperature)

seems that everyone recommends: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

seems that it does have a good image for the costumers

skip to 4:35

But is ok.

no... the v8 looks good but is just bad, noctua nh-d15 is the best cpu cooler out there!

alright, but the noctua is more like for high OC right?

if i plan to keep it at 3,9 ghz just  need to buy this one ? http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

alright, but the noctua is more like for high OC right?

if i plan to keep it at 3,9 ghz just  need to buy this one ? http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

not rly. the cooler it run the better with time. just buy the nh-d15, spend all the money xD and yes the 212 evo is good but outdated >.> I would buy nh-d15

But is ok.