Motherboard choice, can't decide.

Wano97

I decided to go with a red/black color scheme in the end. I can't decide which motherboard to go with though. If I get an asus motherboard, I'm also going with a strix card, msi -> twin frozr

Can't decide between:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviihero

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviiranger

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97gd65gaming

About the prices, they're different where I live/order them. The Hero is 170 euros, The ranger is 150, so is the msi mobo, so don't mind those.

When recommending, try to note why you've the mobo in question

If you are planning a slightly extreme OC then the ROG boards win (But purely because of the extra OC stability, other than that the ROG boards are quite overpriced). I would also go with the MSI card anyway because I believe it has 1x8-pin and 1x6-pin for better power delivery.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If you are planning a slightly extreme OC then the ROG boards win (But purely because of the extra OC stability, other than that the ROG boards are quite overpriced). I would also go with the MSI card anyway because I believe it has 1x8-pin and 1x6-pin for better power delivery.

Yeah I plan on overclocking more extreme this time, since my last one didn't turn out that well. And I knew about the power delivery, but Linus showed that it didn't make that much of a difference when overclocking. Or he just had a silicon lottery

@Archangel1994 Any idea if pairing motherboard brand with cooler brand matters? Otherwise I could go with an asus/msi combination I suppose.

Heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooo.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Yeah I plan on overclocking more extreme this time, since my last one didn't turn out that well. And I knew about the power delivery, but Linus showed that it didn't make that much of a difference when overclocking. Or he just had a silicon lottery

It makes a slight difference. Your choice whether it is worth it or not (Can push an extra 0.1-0.2GHz maybe).

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

@Archangel1994 Any idea if pairing motherboard brand with cooler brand matters? Otherwise I could go with an asus/msi combination I suppose.

Brand discrepancies are non-existant (I don't even think it's allowed by law because that means you give less performance than you advertise). Hell I would sooner recommend the gigabyte windforce because that cooler is pretty quiet and REALLY strong (I've already mentioned my OC's but it still only hits 60C in BF4 on ultra V-sync off) but since you want a color scheme then I would just go with the Card brand you prefer.

I'd go MSI, mostly for aesthetics though. I like Asus more, but I don't like their look. I'd also pair it with the Strix though, Asus looks better on the GPU side.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Brand discrepancies are non-existant (I don't even think it's allowed by law because that means you give less performance than you advertise). Hell I would sooner recommend the gigabyte windforce because that cooler is pretty quiet and REALLY strong (I've already mentioned my OC's but it still only hits 60C in BF4 on ultra V-sync off) but since you want a color scheme then I would just go with the Card brand you prefer.

I know, I wanted to get a windforce in the first place aswell. But even reference coolers won't overheat so it's fine. And I've heard that the H440 is good at noise dampening.

I'd go MSI, mostly for aesthetics though. I like Asus more, but I don't like their look. I'd also pair it with the Strix though, Asus looks better on the GPU side.

I think I'll go with the asus mobo/msi 970 though. I like the asus uefi bios much more, and msi fits the scheme a tad better.

Asus has predominantly been my personal preference in these recent years...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Asus ROG as motherboard and EVGA as graphics cards if you care more about performance then color scheme.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Asus ROG as motherboard and EVGA as graphics cards if you care more about performance then color scheme.

I don't really like EVGA's new ACX cooler in the 900 series. They came up with a lame excuse for one of the heatpipes not touching the card. Besides that I've heard better things about the MSI/Gigabyte cards. But I'm going with the Asus ROG for sure