evga gtx 970 acx 2.0 $329.99 usd

themaniac

i know that the cooler is reused from the 980 but i say at the price of the reference coolers its worth it http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp42972kr btw its the non overclocked one

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Still worth the extra $20 to get the Windforce X3

the acx 2.0 on the 970 is still as good as the others

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

the acx 2.0 on the 970 is still as good as the others

Yes... But please try checking the stock instead of linking a pcpartpicker. It is out of stock on newegg and a few weeks for amazon.

Yes... But please try checking the stock instead of linking a pcpartpicker. It is out of stock on newegg and a few weeks for amazon.

ok

Spoiler

Would it be worth it to upgrade from a MSI 770 4GB to a 970?

I'm thinking of just waiting, as the 770 is still a great card, but the 970 looks so sexy for the price...

Would it be worth it to upgrade from a MSI 770 4GB to a 970?

I'm thinking of just waiting, as the 770 is still a great card, but the 970 looks so sexy for the price...

If you can sell the 770 for a decent price then yeah it would be a good idea.

If you can sell the 770 for a decent price then yeah it would be a good idea.

I guess, if i could sell it for around $300 sure (new goes for about $400) but I only game at 1680x1050, 60hz (old monitor) so theres really nothing I can throw at it to make it drop below 60 fps.

I'm not too sure I'll need a ~20% max performance increase for anything coming out in the next year or two.

I guess, if i could sell it for around $300 sure (new goes for about $400) but I only game at 1680x1050, 60hz (old monitor) so theres really nothing I can throw at it to make it drop below 60 fps.

I'm not too sure I'll need a ~20% max performance increase for anything coming out in the next year or two.

Then don't worry about it. 

And with 970s at only slightly above $300 you would NOT be able to sell a 770 for $300. $200, maybe.

If you are at 1680x1050 don't worry about it.

Then don't worry about it. 

And with 970s at only slightly above $300 you would NOT be able to sell a 770 for $300. $200, maybe.

If you are at 1680x1050 don't worry about it.

Yeah, I feel that. I'm from Canada too so prices are a bit higher here. You're right though, would be hard to sell a 770 when 970 is such a good price.