How do you see screen/color reproduction technology to evolve?

Admire

The entire idea for this topic came after a interesting talk I had with a friend of mine about how screens/what ever else we would use instead of screens. And I would like to ask that you have a little patience with me here because this is admittedly not an area where I have a lot of knowledge......

She has been a very talented painter for as long as I've known her, which means that she always had a very different relationship with colors and how she views and understands them...

There is a lot of discussions about panel types, resolutions etc etc etc.  But color reproduction on a screen will never be able to be exactly like the human eye would expirience it live. Things like depth, or the small details of a color mixing is something that seems very very difficult to recreate. If you look at a picture of a painting and then see it in real life, and you will really see what I mean.

So how will this technology evolve?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Simply this; chip inside skull interfacing directly with brain/stem.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I was thinking more ala this International_Laser_Shows-3D%20Laser%20L

This is 3d fog(Have no idea how it works)...But some sort of nano product that would create a more deep picture.

fog-gallery08.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I was thinking more ala this

This is 3d fog(Have no idea how it works)...But some sort of nano product that would create a more deep picture.

Yeah stuff such as that's an improvement for sure. But for me it's still at far to a primitive level to really spike my interest.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Yeah stuff such as that's an improvement for sure. But for me it's still at far to a primitive level to really spike my interest.

I agree. We are very far away from this but I think we will see it improve alot. . Which is why I was interested in peoples brainstorming.

I think projectors will get more popular in the semi shortterm again. 4k and 8k will require very large screens and they are just too expensive to produce even when prices come down. Im talking longer term than that

Or a non-invasive solution that directly sends data to your brain via harmless radiation

Like this!

loggingin1.jpg

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Or a non-invasive solution that directly sends data to your brain via harmless radiation

Like this!

-snip-

*Sorry for off-topic* If you have completed this anime series you will know that this is nowhere close to harmless lol.

--- My Rig ---
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard : Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Nepton 280L | RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3PSU : Corsair AX860i |

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 G1 Gaming | Chassis : Corsair Carbide Air 540 | SSD : Samsung 840 Evo 256GBHDD : Seagate NAS 2TB | HDD : Western Digital Caviar Red 4TB |

Optical Drive : Asus 24x DVD-RW | Lighting : NZXT Hue | Monitor : Dell U2515H | Keyboard : Ducky G2 Pro Blue Grey (Full Layout)Mouse : Razer Naga Chroma |

Mouse Mat : Corsair MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Extended | Speakers : Altec Lansing Octane 7 | Headphones : Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Kingston HyperX Cloud II Pro

Primary mobile device : Galaxy S8 G950FD - Nova Launcher Prime | LG G Watch Urbane (Gold) | Secondary mobile device : PS Vita PCH-1000

*Sorry for off-topic* If you have completed this anime series you will know that this is nowhere close to harmless lol.

I have :P I was using the phrase "harmless radiation" sarcastically

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.