Display driver stopped working and has recovered successfully

Alawi3d

Hi there ... my friend bought used xfx R290 and his rig are MB: Gigabyte z68X-ud7-B3 with 8GB RAM and 750W PSU and fresh install of WIN 7

everytime he tried to watch youtube or play any game and just now even opening firefox it will go black screen for few seconds then it will show this error "Display driver stopped working and has recovered successfully"

Now i have searched all kind of solution and i don't understand where is the problem... so i toke his GPU and installed it on my rig (which detailed on my signature) and i tried to stress it as hard as i could played "watchdogs at full option and with enhance mode for graphics" "crysis 3" and doing all that while watching "youtube" and still it didn't fail on me the temp did reach 64 at max but thats it .

as when he toke it back from me it failed on him and now even with opening firefox it will give him the same error which i don't know where he did wrong :/

so if anyone can please give me a solution for it i will be really appreciated.  

|Case: Fractal Desgin Define R4 |CPU: Intel i5-4670k @ 4.2GHz |GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classifide |RAM: 8GB Vengence @ 1.6GHz 

|Storage: 60GB Kingstone V300 SSD, 500GB Samsung EVO 840, 3TB WD Green HDD |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 |PSU: Be Quiet 650W

I'm guessing that you tried doing a super clean uninstall of display drivers?

owls are awesome

he installed fresh WIN before even installing his new GPU ...does he need one ? 

|Case: Fractal Desgin Define R4 |CPU: Intel i5-4670k @ 4.2GHz |GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classifide |RAM: 8GB Vengence @ 1.6GHz 

|Storage: 60GB Kingstone V300 SSD, 500GB Samsung EVO 840, 3TB WD Green HDD |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 |PSU: Be Quiet 650W

You need to install the drivers from the AMD site, if there already is one installed on the PC use DDU (display driver uninstaller) to completely uninstall AMD driver (click the set default Windows driver button, then check delete AMD/Nvidia folder and then click uninstall and restart).

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Update your drives

Install all runtimes from Ninite (and whatever other program you want)

Update your motherboard bios

Make sure you have the update version of Adobe Flash,

and thats all I got.

I had the "Display driver stopped working and has recovered successfully" error pop up rarely recently after I installed 14.9 drivers on my 280x, reverted to 14.4 and it's been fine for a week now.

Maybe you can try different WHQL drivers(13.12, 14.4. 14.9), also disabling hardware acceleration on adobe flash play might help...

I get the same everything with my 780. Chatted with nvidia and they said i should rma it cuz its dead/dying.

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I get the same everything with my 780. Chatted with nvidia and they said i should rma it cuz its dead/dying.

I had the "Display driver stopped working and has recovered successfully" error pop up rarely recently after I installed 14.9 drivers on my 280x, reverted to 14.4 and it's been fine for a week now.

Maybe you can try different WHQL drivers(13.12, 14.4. 14.9), also disabling hardware acceleration on adobe flash play might help...

Update your drives

Install all runtimes from Ninite (and whatever other program you want)

Update your motherboard bios

Make sure you have the update version of Adobe Flash,

and thats all I got.

You need to install the drivers from the AMD site, if there already is one installed on the PC use DDU (display driver uninstaller) to completely uninstall AMD driver (click the set default Windows driver button, then check delete AMD/Nvidia folder and then click uninstall and restart).

guys i have tried all that and nothing seemed to work ...something my friend did was looking at this website http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/?compatible_with=gigabyte-motherboard-gaz68xud7b3 to see if the video card compatible with his motherboard

as it seems the version of his video card (which is XFX R290 core edition) is not available in the list of compatibility in this website although XFX R290 black edition is available ... do you guys think this is the problem?

guys i have tried all that and nothing seemed to work ...something my friend did was looking at this website http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/?compatible_with=gigabyte-motherboard-gaz68xud7b3 to see if the video card compatible with his motherboard

as it seems the version of his video card (which is XFX R290 core edition) is not available in the list of compatibility in this website although XFX R290 black edition is available ... do you guys think this is the problem?

No, every 290 is compatible with that motherboard.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I have to force constant clocks (Disabled powerplay/tune) via MSI, and now zero blackscreens or artifacting as soon as my game ends and back to desktop.

To do this, I HAVE to ONLY install the display driver from the list, nothing else.
Reboot, Then Disabled Powerplay - Saved a profile for MSI Low & High clocks. 700/700 @ -100mv -50 Power Profile 1 (Normal use)  and 1050/1250/+0 Voltage (Stock) and +20 power profile 2 (Gaming)

Reboot

Installed the rest of the AMD software.

You can set MSI to auto switch, but I do it manually.

Other 290 users have found screwing with nothing but 'forced constant voltage' in MSI have had theirs work thereafter.

Then others have just disabled powerplay like I have, then enabled it again 'still using MSI's unnofficial overclocking'

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz