ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme plus a GTX 980 AMP! Extreme Giveaway!

Zotac has really come a long way over the years, the first one I had back in the day was clunky and noisy. But now it looks like they have a wicked cooling system and I love the style of it, would be proud to have it in my case :)

Nice! A GTX 980 would be an awesome prize!

-

question: Since I don't intend to overclock the GTX 980, may I presume it will last longer?

As I write this I am sitting here with my GTX 470. While it has served me well over the years it has its faults. Namely exessive power consumption, high heat output and subsequently high noise from the fans roaring away at full speed. Although, it has kept me nice and toasty while gaming during the cold Canadian winters.

As of late I have been running into modern games I am unable to max out at an acceptable 60+ FPS. I am no peasant and my rig deserves better.

Thank you for the giveaway ZOTAC!

Nice carbon fiber finish and performance!! If I win I'll need a new case to fit it!  :P

I like the new GTX 900 series for the virtual reality optimization! Thanks for the giveaway guys!

I may be a 1 post member, but I'm also a regular wan show viewer.

the power VS performence on these cards are just amazing for a dude that games 10+ hours a day and never turn of the PC

This would be an awesome addition to the new rig I'm planning to build

What I am amazed with so far is the power consumption and running temps, so much better now compared to previous generation :D

See this is why Linus and his team rock soo much. Just cause they give away a gorgeous card like this. Makes me glad to share the same country as folks like this. Seriously though. I would love to win this because of the sheer features these cards have to offer. Yeah looks are nice and in this case. Really nice but that doesnt compare to what is under the hood of these cards. Be nice to win one and upgrade this 570. Cheers to all who enter

Great giveaway! I love the general overbuiltness of these cards.

2 things I like about these cards. 1. They're way better than my current card.  2. That faux carbon fiber cooler is damn sexy.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I like how Zotac made a graphics card that's actually visually appealing. 

i would love Zotac to bless me with one of those really amazing looking AMP! Extreme gtx980 cards, i want to feel the hurricane winds blow off of the card and into my beard where the air will frolic at the meadows of my mustache for never-ending ages.

Both versions of the card looks wicked in my opinion, I would want both of them if it were an option lol

To this day these cards still aren't in stock where I'm from (Brampton).

Wow I want to win! I really need an upgrade (600 series here). I love the 900 series because they are so power efficient and are so capable. Plus I think these coolers look pretty cool (almost batman style). Also these seem like some pretty legitimate cards for OCing and I like that a lot (plus the Maxwell chip consumes so little power that it probably has so much OC headroom! (power limits from Nvidia are annoying though)).

I really like the new affordability of high end cards that still pack even better performance that its predecessor the 700 series while drastically lowering the price.

I like that I could finally max out games on my 1440p monitor with the 980. Thanks for the giveaway!

I personally like both the looks and the lights, I really don't mind it being so thick that you might run into problems because I can't afford one that is because almost every tech thing in this contry costs about 2x the original cost. So my hopes are high. :)

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1wagR2r

Amazon: http://geni.us/HRC

ZOTAC sent us their two beastly editions of the GTX 970. These cards look pretty darn cool in our opinion, but do they overclock as well as their flashy design would suggest?

Zotac_logo.png

ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! EXTREME GIVEAWAY

ZOTAC has been kind enough to offer you guys, the awesome Linus Tech Tips community, the exclusive chance to win their brand new top of the line ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme graphics card!

So how do you enter? Just comment below in this thread and let us know what you like about the ZOTAC AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme, or the new GTX 900 series in general.

This is a world-wide giveaway and will run from October 17, 2014 until October 24, 2014 at 4pm PDT. The winner will be drawn live on the October 24 WAN Show using a random number generator and will be contacted by me through the forum. If you receive a message anywhere other than the forum claiming that you are the winner (through YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter) please IGNORE that message as it is NOT from us.

Thanks in advance for your comments, and thanks to ZOTAC for sponsoring this giveaway!

What I like the most about the 900 series is the fact that they chose to name them 900 instead of 800.