ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme plus a GTX 980 AMP! Extreme Giveaway!

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1wagR2r

Amazon: http://geni.us/HRC

ZOTAC sent us their two beastly editions of the GTX 970. These cards look pretty darn cool in our opinion, but do they overclock as well as their flashy design would suggest?

Zotac_logo.png

ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! EXTREME GIVEAWAY

ZOTAC has been kind enough to offer you guys, the awesome Linus Tech Tips community, the exclusive chance to win their brand new top of the line ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme graphics card!

So how do you enter? Just comment below in this thread and let us know what you like about the ZOTAC AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme, or the new GTX 900 series in general.

This is a world-wide giveaway and will run from October 17, 2014 until October 24, 2014 at 4pm PDT. The winner will be drawn live on the October 24 WAN Show using a random number generator and will be contacted by me through the forum. If you receive a message anywhere other than the forum claiming that you are the winner (through YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter) please IGNORE that message as it is NOT from us.

Thanks in advance for your comments, and thanks to ZOTAC for sponsoring this giveaway!

I like the extremly sexy look and great performance of the new 900 series!

Zotac just entered my radar for a new card. I wonder if EK/XSPC or similar will have a block for these boards in the future, would love to see the overclocking potential on water with this power delivery.

Hope I win the 980! 

Low power consumption and reasonable temperatures. Something I should have gone for with HD 7000 series..

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

What do I like most about the Zotac cards? They aren't red! As much as I love red and black, it's so overdone. And besides, very little matches my favorite PWM fan, the Akasa Viper!!

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

It looks and runs legend wait for it dary , legendary

No hope of winning just sharing my thought

God... It's hard to express myself on these. The Omega .. I find it ugly, but the extreme, that's w00t. Overall they're both awesome and overkill for any kind of game so far. 

I think those LEDs on the Extreme edition are going to look cool on my build :D. Everything else looks solid and if Linus approves then that's enough for me to put my money on it.  

I like the 970 AMP and Omega because its a good graphics card. I really need an upgrade :D

I like GTX900 series efficiency and overclocking potential. And Zotac AMP! Extreme the best cards for overclocking.

I love how far Zotac's ascthetic has come this generation. The cards are beautiful!

Would love the GTX 980 for editing with those CUDA cores!

I've always had doubts about the Zotac brand but since Linus reviewed them, I'll give them a consideration now for future builds.

Awesome design of both cards and the OC possibilitys are greate. The new 900 cards are awesome because the 970 is at the sweetspot of price and power!

Well, I was was planning on buying a gtx 980 or 970 at some point in the future so the chance at one is definitely enticing. While I generally stick to Asus and Gigabyte, Zotac really seems to put out a quality product here and made it so that they are definitely a high chance among my future purchases with products like this. 

I want this because its much more powereffecient that my current card and runs so much cooler. My current card needs the fans at 60% to stay under 70c on a medium load.

I got the amp! omega and it's freaking GARBAGE. On stock clocks with 1300 boost it hits 85c or higher in 30 seconds, and even worse when oc'd. Furthermore the "oc plus" is a blatant lie. The card is voltage locked, and so is the extreme omega. If you're buying this to overclock you're mistaken (not like the card has any room to overclock when the damn thing hits 90c in no time). I'm not alone in this either, search for Amp omega on youtube and you'll see many other users collaborating the high temperatures. Either the design is faulty or the contact with the core is really poor. In comparison we ran afriends EVGA acx 2.0 side by side and his card at 1500 boost didn't hit 60c in valley with the exact same settings. Really hope ncix lets me swap cards as I hate it and it pisses me off that this video tried to glorify this card when in reality its terrible. Avoid like the plague. 

You know, I have never been a big fan of Zotac. In fact, I put off building my computer so I could use a different ITX mobo. But these new cards look very nice. I just hope they did some good binning while getting gpus...

I just like how it has a better performance rate than my laptop, and how I can put it in my computer so I can get some use of it. (The computer that is).

I like how both cards seem like good value for the money, especially 970. I'd definetly go for 970 if i had to build a pc for myself right now.

those are some beasty cards. I wonder whats next in gpu naming for nvidia since this is the 900 series. Maybe, one day we'll see a GTX 3000 MEGA SUPER FAST or something

Omega looks prettier imo. I want to see the performance of these guys in Star Citizen really bad.

I just bought an Asus Strix 980, Wouldnt mind another 980 to SLI :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro