NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

I'm very interested in how this will turn out. Quick question though, what PSU will you use? I'm assuming some kind of external or SFX.

Yes I'm going to have to use an external but would like to upgrade to a pico if i think it can handle every thing. Thanks for the interest. 

just epoxied some fillers on for the holes on the 3 sides and rca output area to prep for bondo.Lets see how this goes will post results later tonight.

IMG_20141027_193339_zpsb3zfetgr.jpg

IMG_20141027_193408_zpsbo0jbvwf.jpg

Just did my build layer of fiberglass seem like its going to work awesome .does not look like much yet but I can see the end result in my head and it looks good. 

rca ports

IMG_20141028_211905_zps4eqi9vsx.jpg

top side obviously

IMG_20141028_211851_zpsoyfko5ps.jpg

Just did my build layer of fiberglass seem like its going to work awesome .does not look like much yet but I can see the end result in my head and it looks good. 

rca ports

-PIC-

top side obviously

-PIC-

Ohhh looking good  ;)  

What colors are you planning for the system or are you keeping it's original color scheme.

Following now. Love seeing this stuff, I'd do one if I had the money.. Also if I had a reason for one.. I want to get another rig going just because I want it.. :P Hope I see an awesome NES computer after this is built!

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I love the idea and I hope this turns out to be a nice system :)

Following this thread now.

Are you going to turn the controller ports into USB Ports or something like that?

Thanks! Going to see how it looks with the controller port piece flushed out. Going for the smooth look. Mostly everything I'm going to use on this is going to be wireless so I don't really want any USB or ports exposed on the front .tho I think I'm going to hide some behind the cartridge door.

rca ports

-snippy-

top side obviously

-snippy-

Think you can get the original texture back?

Think you can get the original texture back?

I did not think of doing that.but it is a good idea with some nice masking off and some texture spray paint first I think I could get it close.just might have to do it!

Finished the fiberglass and most of the sanding on the out side of the shell ,hopefully i can prime it tomorrow so i can finish the inside of the case. the stuff that looks clear is epoxy from my motherboard tray.

rca input side

IMG_20141029_221125_zpspla3rjdl.jpg

i wet it so you can see it a little better

IMG_20141029_221210_zpswzv2e34d.jpg

nice and flat!

IMG_20141029_221111_zpsdnyt40rt.jpg

just got my board in today!  trying to brain storm how to lay this thing out and still have good cable management and good air flow. i wanted 2 70mm intake fans but not really sure i can squeeze 2 of them in there, the way i had it planed in my head. wont really work if i keep two fans  :( . going to think about it tonight and figure this guy out.ill post my layout tonight if i have time.

IMG_20141031_192350_zpsu8xaotko.jpg

just got my board in today!  trying to brain storm how to lay this thing out and still have good cable management and good air flow. i wanted 2 70mm intake fans but not really sure i can squeeze 2 of them in there, the way i had it planed in my head. wont really work if i keep two fans  :( . going to think about it tonight and figure this guy out.ill post my layout tonight if i have time.

-snippy-

The ceiling of the case looks close to the socket...

Will you be using a blowdown-type heatsink and low profile RAM?

The ceiling of the case looks close to the socket...

Will you be using a blowdown-type heatsink and low profile RAM?

I don't have an exact measurement yet.but should be around 65mm from the cpu to the top of the case,so i should be able to get something around 50mm high.low profile ram should not be needed unless I have an issue with the cpu cooler hitting it. these are the best lowprofile coolers you can get (took me many nights to find these).they cost a pretty penny also. the ITX30 and the LP53. would like the LP53 if its going to be doable.you can check them out in the link down below.I spent to many hours looking up stuff for this build  :D

http://thermolab.co.kr/product_eng?ckattempt=1

just got done making my motherboard mounts and designing a layout to follow so here it is .going to do my best to follow this and keep as many wires nice and neat and hidden just like a normal pc build. The fan box is there so it will only suck in fresh air from outside the case.  Going to build a pc with my new motherboard and cpu and other spare parts I have tomorrow night ,make sure every thing is working.

neslayout_zps28f97854.png

pic of my mounts

IMG_20141031_213332_zpsepljgj5s.jpg

I don't have an exact measurement yet.but should be around 65mm from the cpu to the top of the case,so i should be able to get something around 50mm high.low profile ram should not be needed unless I have an issue with the cpu cooler hitting it. these are the best lowprofile coolers you can get (took me many nights to find these).they cost a pretty penny also. the ITX30 and the LP53. would like the LP53 if its going to be doable.you can check them out in the link down below.I spent to many hours looking up stuff for this build  :D

http://thermolab.co.kr/product_eng?ckattempt=1

That ITX30 cooler looks sweet!

made some fan mounts today,unfortunately I am only going to be able to use the bottom one :(  look so cool with both . I just won't be able to shut the case if i use both. I also ordered my pico psu should be here by Wednesday .

IMG_20141103_163132_zpszkzr6q5k.jpg

IMG_20141103_163649_zpsvg0ctykq.jpg

That is awesome, loving it so far! :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.