Should I use this GPU?

OrdinaryBiscuit

Hey Guys I'm curious of how the Nvidia GeForce GT 620 performs with games around 1080p and if it would be a better performer than the integrated graphics Intel 4000 that  come with my i7 3770k Because I just have this card lying around and I don't know if should use it or not so anything about how it performs at 1080p or 720p in comparison to intel integrated graphics.

Btw I do plan to get a beefier card in the future I just can't afford it right now and I'm curious on whether the GT 620 would boost performance or just be straight up worse.

Thanks a lot

P.S Beefy card recommendations would be great too but I can't afford anything above the GTX 770's price as of yet. Was thinking about getting the R9 280 :P

Not by much really. They are mostly meant for businesses that don't buy integrated graphics CPU's.

it doesnt, its not worth it at all.

your better off just saving money

Here it is vs a 520 (which the 620 is basically the same as)

Pretty much no point :P

crysis_1280_800.gif

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

do like me ! make it a doorstop :D

(cant wait in 10 years so  Ican swap my doorstop with a gtx titan :) )

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

it doesnt, its not worth it at all.

your better off just saving money

I already have the card its a spare :D

do like me ! make it a doorstop :D

(cant wait in 10 years so  Ican swap my doorstop with a gtx titan :) )

Sounds like a plan :D

i am using a GT620  and my fps hits the floor when i try to do 1080p but it is slightly better than a GT520 just not by much also the GT620 is made for low end and mid end consumer computers for the default GPU option like in HP and dell customize options before you can say to not use it ... i just wish i knew that 2 years ago is all when i went with it