Fed up with Asrock, which H77/Z77 board to get?

H4X3R

A YEAR AGO i bought parts for my mums build (xfx 450W, 8GB DDR3, z77 pro4, some shitty case, 3570k etc.).

The system kept crashing.

I brought it to a computer shop after doing some diagnostics myself.

They didn't know what was going on as well.

I RMAed each part, the cpu just arriving today (last part to rma).

The RMA cost my mum 100 euros for shipping, etc.

Turns out the mobo NOW magically has a leak in one of the mosfets (well f*ck). It didn't leak before (but system was constantly crashing).

I hope switching the mobo will help.

need some advice on which one to get (NO ASROCK).

Here's the website for price in my area: https://geizhals.at/?cat=mbp4_1155&xf=#xf_top

I was thinking about a h77 or z77 gigabyte board (Ud3h if i want a diagnostics LED) or the z77m-d3h rev 1.1 if i dont need that LED.

What do you think?

(PS no B series board as they dont support some features i need).

I'll be building my rig some time NEXT week (gtx 970s are never in stock, soon they ill be though). I'll be testing it with my PSU then (just in case it's the PSU). I used RAM from my old rig to test it (confirmed to work), still had massive issues.

I'll be selling the case and faulty mobo on willhaben (like craigstlist) for 20 - mobo and 10 - case (originally 30)

I'll be getting the H440 in white for my mums build. She wanted a cheap white case...i told her not too...guess you have to learn the hard way.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Get the UD3H.

I had one, it's a fantastic board aside from the meh BIOS.

If you need something to hold you over, just get an ASUS Z77A or something cheap but reliable.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN) | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Server: CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K | RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro | Storage: 256GB Apple SSUBX, 256GB Crucial MX100, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD, 3x1TB HDD | GPU: GTX 560 2GB | Cooling: Arctic Freezer 34 | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

Get the UD3H.

I had one, it's a fantastic board aside from the meh BIOS.

If you need something to hold you over, just get an ASUS Z77A or something cheap but reliable.

"hold you over"?

The z77-a doesn't have a diag LED but might as well consider it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you recommend updating the BIOS on the UD3H (even if stable)?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

"hold you over"?

The z77-a doesn't have a diag LED but might as well consider it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you recommend updating the BIOS on the UD3H (even if stable)?

If stable, there is little point in doing so unless it is holding you back from using a much-needed feature.

The term "hold you over" means that if you only need the motherboard for a little while, get that board.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN) | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Server: CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K | RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro | Storage: 256GB Apple SSUBX, 256GB Crucial MX100, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD, 3x1TB HDD | GPU: GTX 560 2GB | Cooling: Arctic Freezer 34 | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)