Is it safe to store LastPass master password in the cloud (e.g. Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive)?

Is it safe to store LastPass master password in the cloud? I mainly use Google Drive and Microsoft's OneDrive. Two-factor authentication is used in both.

The master Password isn't saved locally on my computer and I have printed MP to several pages which I keep in a safe place. Cloud would be the optimal solution for "backup".

no as there are leaks from the cloud almost daily you shoulld at least remember it also leyts say someone gets you smartphone findss a way to log in goes on google and bam every password ever is there because they now have the master 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Oh of course go right ahead, while you are at it why don't you ask the same question to the dozens of celebs pics that got leaked for our happy fappy fun time. :D

Oh of course go right ahead, while you are at it why don't you ask the same question to the dozens of celebs pics that got leaked for our happy fappy fun time. :D

Celebrity nude pics were leaked from iCloud. It is known to be vulnerable.

Same difference, point is just dont.

point is this http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/11/edward-snowden-new-yorker-festival/

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

If you do then why not store all passwords in same place? Sure LastPass makes it tad easier but whats the point if you don't remember your passwords anyway? I remember (almost) all of my passwords and use lastpass to tell which ones go where and are with what usernames. Its better that you store it somewhere else. And just password, nothing else. So if someone steals it, they know its pw but don't know to what.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

just encrypt then upload? use 7z and password protect

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

If your going to do that, zip em up, encrypt em with a really strong password preferably 60 or more characters including symbols and spaces. And do like a Cesar cypher to the passwords, I hope this helps :)

And if you want to store them on your computer check out avg safe thingy,

If you do then why not store all passwords in same place? Sure LastPass makes it tad easier but whats the point if you don't remember your passwords anyway? I remember (almost) all of my passwords and use lastpass to tell which ones go where and are with what usernames. Its better that you store it somewhere else. And just password, nothing else. So if someone steals it, they know its pw but don't know to what.

I keep all my passwords in a password manager and never have main accounts in there though

NO, buy no MEANS Store a Master Password digitally your mind is the only save place!

And a cloud solution by a 3rd party is the worst!

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Just copy it to a USB flash drive, then you'll always have it when you need it. Storing it on the cloud is like leaving your car running with the doors unlocked. You're just welcoming criminals access to what is yours.

Just memorize it.... If you need to write it out by hand on a piece of paper 30 times over a couple days a week to memorize it then just do that.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Just to ensure: can I save the master password to LastPass vault? I need it when I make changes to my account (enabling multi-factor authentication etc.) for example. Copying it from there would save me some effort.

Is it safe to store LastPass master password in the cloud? I mainly use Google Drive and Microsoft's OneDrive. Two-factor authentication is used in both.

The master Password isn't saved locally on my computer and I have printed MP to several pages which I keep in a safe place. Cloud would be the optimal solution for "backup".

Don't use LastPass. They have a nasty history of breaches.

No more vulnerable than any other service that uses security questions.

Just to ensure: can I save the master password to LastPass vault? I need it when I make changes to my account (enabling multi-factor authentication etc.) for example. Copying it from there would save me some effort.

Make it a passphrase using xkpasswd.net and then memorize it.

Don't use LastPass. They have a nasty history of breaches.

Please, there haven't been a single breach. Even the staff can't see user's password vault.

Please, there haven't been a single breach. Even the staff can't see user's password vault.

AHAHA

HAHAHA

You're joking, right?

http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/11/lastpass-finds-security-holes-in-its-online-password-manager-doesnt-think-anyone-exploited-them/

http://www.cnet.com/news/lastpass-ceo-reveals-details-on-security-breach/

https://www.duosecurity.com/blog/breaking-down-the-probable-lastpass-breach

Use 1Password. I assume you're using a Mac.

If you're not using a Mac I believe a similar effect can be achieved on Windows by

throwing your Windows PC out the window and getting a Mac.