Noob question about bay drive fan controllers

vicirenai

I have 8 SP 120s in my case that I would like to connect to a bay drive fan controller ( CF525 from Lamptron ) with 4 fans on each channel. Now I did try to test each channel with just 1 fan connected and it works, but when I try to connect 4 fan to 1 channel using this cable : http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Splitter-Connector-Sleeved-Adapter/dp/B00DYQRFY6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413271181&sr=8-2&keywords=4+pin+pwm+splitter I couldn't get the fan controller to work, and the fans won't actually spin at all. The fan controller unit came with 3 power cables, 1 4-pin to 3 male molex connector which the manual says it should be connected to the power supply, and 2 power output cables each having 2 male molex connectors. I am not sure if I did the cabling right, but what I did with that cable I linked above is I connected all 4 fans to the 4 pin male and the molex to the power output cable from the fan controller. The fans did not spin when I power up my computer by arranging it that way. I read the manual for CF525, searched online guides but couldn't find anything that could help me. Can anyone out there teach me how I am supposed to use this device correctly?

I have already used up all the motherboard fan connectors for the other fans on my case so using them is not really an option.

There is a limit of how much power it can draw from the Molex.  Most I've seen have ratings like 30W or 50W or something similar.  Have you tried reducing the amount of fans and seeing if they spin?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It's too early in the morning for me to understand such a complicated cable mess.

The fan controller is powered by a molex adapter connected to the power supply.

The fans are powered by a molex adapter connected to the fan controller.

Now, I guess the fans should also powered by a molex adapter connected to the power supply and NOT the fan controller, although I'm not sure you'd be able to adjust their rpm speed via the fan controller that way.

That said, you've got 8 fans and your fan controller got 4 channels, so why would you want to control the rpm speed of 4 (!) fans off a single channel when you would have the chance to split them two fans per channel?

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

they are the 4 fans on my rad so I would like to control them as one unit

Yeah I connected the molex adapter from the 4 way splitter fan cable to the molex output from the fan controller, doesn't work. And if I connect it to the molex adapter from the power supply, the fan controller doesn't do anything :(

Am I using the right cable for this? 

Well, that should work.. can you post some pictures?

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21