Flux in ear pro or ie60s

imastealther

I'm looking at getting either the Steelseries Flux in ear pro or Sennheiser IE 60. I am looking for something to listen to music (mostly metal but not wanting a ton of bass) and gaming/videos at home

The IE60's are 60 bucks more on amazon, so they aren't really in the same price bracket.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth spending the extra money in the ie 60. I have never spent nearly this much on audio equipment. So I am trying to get info from other people that have.

Steelseries' unfortunate use of a detachable cable made the in ear pros not hold up well to day to day wear and tear for me. They sound great though iirc

Never used the ie60s

Sup big man

Steelseries' unfortunate use of a detachable cable made the in ear pros not hold up well to day to day wear and tear for me. They sound great though iirc

Never used the ie60s

Do you think it would be worth saving a little and spending the money on ie 80? Aren't they still your daily drivers?

I've had both - hated the sound of the Flux In-Ear Pro, and my IE60's cable broke within 6 months of use. Replacement was a breeze, but at the time I payed close to MSRP and felt jipped.

IMHO, anything over $100 and the price-to-performance starts to dwindle until you start looking at customs. VSonic and Shure both offer a sub-$100 IEM with a removable cable, and both sound pretty darn good.