New Quantum processors made by The UNSW

Hello there! i am new and i want to share this very sciency topic with you.

Well straight to the point, the UNSW (University of New South Wales), have created a very precise Quantum bit (or QuBit for short), i won't give a ton of specs because it will be just copy-paste.
It's very exciting (at least for me) because for quite some time, Computer Scientist, physicists and Engineers have tried really hard to create QuBits enough precise to create a real Quantum computer,
and yes, there are quantum computers being created and sold to big corporations, Universities, and Research groups (Google bought one), this computers are partially Quantum, this means that they are very imprecise and still

use conventional processors to simulate the "randomness" of a Quantum Computer, this computers have 50% of precision or less, and those new ones have a 99.99% precision.

Well, i should stop barging about this, and let you all read it from the source, have fun!

Source:  http://www.scienceal...1310-26322.html

This is a Science alert post, check the video, is very short.

Also check the results posted in Nature.com in the nano-technology journal. they are linked in the science alert post (so read it  :P)

I hope you all like it, and i hope i didn't post it in the wrong section, i am a Computer Scientist Student from México, and Quantum Computing makes me very exited, so i had to share. 

-Tredok

so that night theme users can read it without highlighting the text.

So that we dont have to waste energy moving out hands to highlight it :)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Seems like 99.99% precision still isn't enough. Getting closer though.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Nothing man-made will ever truly be random, from a scientific perspective, the only thing that is truly random is nature...or at least we observe it to be :P

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Nothing man-made will ever truly be random, from a scientific perspective, the only thing that is truly random is nature...or at least we observe it to be :P

yes we have made something completely random, its called the internet...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

but even nature is dictated by the laws of physics.  A tree doesn't grow in a random direction, How a cell splits is dependent on all forces acting upon it.  All actions are in response to an external input.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Maybe one day someone is going to discover some kind of rule to atmospheric "randomness". Perhaps its truly random, maybe its not.

K70 RGB

but even nature is dictated by the laws of physics.  A tree doesn't grow in a random direction, How a cell splits is dependent on all forces acting upon it.  All actions are in response to an external input.

Of course, if you calculate all properties of every particle in the universe, you could probably predict the future. However, you can't predict human thoughts that will impact the environment. But then you could state that all human thoughts are effected by the chemical make up and environment that you are in. So in the end, are you even the one controlling your thoughts? Are you the one choosing the way to think or is everything already pre-determined?

K70 RGB

Of course, if you calculate all properties of every particle in the universe, you could probably predict the future. However, you can't predict human thoughts that will impact the environment. But then you could state that all human thoughts are effected by the chemical make up and environment that you are in. So in the end, are you even the one controlling your thoughts? Are you the one choosing the way to think or is everything already pre-determined?

there is a global argument for predetermination, this essentially dictates free choice as an illusion. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

yes we have made something completely random, its called the internet...

Which is that way because of the random motley group that is currently inhabiting it (Humanity). 

A man-made thing usually is created with a single purpose or with specific parameters in place. There are ways at creating things with a kind of natural randomness, but that would require the work of individuals who can think broadly and contextually when the need arise and would likely come out of Fully Autonomous AI.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Not exactly true. If we knew everything at every given moment, we could probably predict anything. If you think about it like that, it's hard to come up with some thing that is truly random

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me.

Maybe one day someone is going to discover some kind of rule to atmospheric "randomness". Perhaps its truly random, maybe its not.

It only seems random because of how many variables there are. If you knew each and every variable and what the slightest change in every single one could do, you could theoretically predict the weather 100% accurately.

Double post my bad

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me.

Andrea Morello is amazing. here is a video about the cooling required to make the qubit work.

Last time i checked they were able to get up to 8 qubits working.

It only seems random because of how many variables there are. If you knew each and every variable and what the slightest change in every single one could do, you could theoretically predict the weather 100% accurately.

Double post my bad

Well there is some quote from some person in my quantum mechanics book that said "Does God really does throw dice?". Actually, Albert Einstein said that he was convinced that God did not throw dice.

Many scientists are like Einstein, in that they have a deep emotional attachment to determinism. Unlike Einstein, they have accepted the reduction in our ability to predict, that quantum theory brought about. But that was far enough. They didn't like the further reduction, which black holes seemed to imply. They have therefore claimed that information is not really lost down black holes. But they have not managed to find any mechanism that would return the information. It is just a pious hope that the universe is deterministic, in the way that Laplace thought. I feel these scientists have not learnt the lesson of history. The universe does not behave according to our pre-conceived ideas. It continues to surprise us. 

The classical view, put forward by Laplace, was that the future motion of particles was completely determined, if one knew their positions and speeds at one time. This view had to be modified, when Heisenberg put forward his Uncertainty Principle, which said that one could not know both the position, and the speed, accurately. However, it was still possible to predict one combination of position and speed. But even this limited predictability disappeared, when the effects of black holes were taken into account. The loss of particles and information down black holes meant that the particles that came out were random. One could calculate probabilities, but one could not make any definite predictions. Thus, the future of the universe is not completely determined by the laws of science, and its present state, as Laplace thought. God still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

http://www.hawking.org.uk/does-god-play-dice.html

K70 RGB

its a quantum computer so the quantum effects of it will be random

From another scientific perspective, i think it really can be random, because Quantumm physics it's not Man-made (Physics are not Man-Made), and even Nature it's not random, it's selective.

-Tredok

From another scientific perspective, i think it really can be random, because Quantumm physics it's not Man-made (Physics are not Man-Made), and even Nature it's not random, it's selective.

Exactly. Quantum state is undecidable and is random. This is what destroyed Einstein. He envisioned a beautiful decidable unified theory. It wasn't so.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

aww. fuckin. yis. 

'STRAYA 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini