1 million people are helping test Windows 10

Dietrichw

Source

f9f7a901-f024-406c-a168-7cc2603aeab1.jpg

Microsoft released the Windows 10 technical preview at the beginning of October. Now Microsoft is revealing that there are 1 million people helping test the upcoming operating system. They have received over 200,000 pieces of feedback already, with popular requests for options to remove the new search and task view buttons. Other information includes that 64% of installs are native and 36% on virtual machines. 68% of users are launching more than 7 apps/day and 25% launching 26 apps/day which shows how many people are using it as their main OS.

Now could they please fix the networking issues. I don't want to keep restarting my computer after I reset my modem/router.

bill-gates-windows-windows-10-geek-15657

RIG:  CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal HDD SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card Case: Corsair 780T PSU: NZXT HALE82 850W 80+ Bronze Monitor: LG 34UM95-P Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Keyboard Mouse: Razer Taipan Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula Sound: Cyber Acoustics CA-3090, Corsair Vengeance 2100 :  1998.40 Euro

Errg...

My question is will there be performance/stability improvements over 8.1?

I don't care about the new start menu layout. 

I actually prefer the current one.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

He forgot ME.

Wat

RIG:  CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal HDD SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card Case: Corsair 780T PSU: NZXT HALE82 850W 80+ Bronze Monitor: LG 34UM95-P Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Keyboard Mouse: Razer Taipan Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula Sound: Cyber Acoustics CA-3090, Corsair Vengeance 2100 :  1998.40 Euro

I guess this stat also includes people like me where I installed it on a partition the first day and haven't booted back into it since.

isn't windows 10 technically windows 12?

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

I'm not the only one who had that networking issue?

Thank god in heaven!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

One million people? Wonder what the server logs look like with all of the data Microsoft has collected so far.

Wat

Those two letters do not exist together.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

While this is exiting, I am surprised that the votes for the feedback isn't higher.. most don't pass 20 mark.

I am also surprised by the low amount of votes on the GPU info on Task Manager. I thought at least most people here would jump on it on voting. Imagine per application GPU usage (which is possible, Process Explorer gives you that), and GPU information on the task manager.

While this is exiting, I am surprised that the votes for the feedback isn't higher.. most don't pass 20 mark.

I am also surprised by the low amount of votes on the GPU info on Task Manager. I thought at least most people here would jump on it on voting. Imagine per application GPU usage (which is possible, Process Explorer gives you that), and GPU information on the task manager.

what? Votes? 

Well I hope this means that it is better.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

what? Votes? 

In the Feedback application you can press a "Me too" button on feedback items so you don't have to duplicate the same thing, and shows which feedback most people agree with. :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Errg...

My question is will there be performance/stability improvements over 8.1?

I don't care about the new start menu layout. 

I actually prefer the current one.

I've been messing around with it, and it is faster than 8.1 for installs. I have a HTPC with the SSD partitioned in half and 8.1 on one and 10 on the other. I'm setting both OS's up identically and timed some of the installs for things like VLC, XBMC, etc and 10 was faster on every one of them. XBMC installed in about half the time on 10 as it did 8.1.

I haven't really tested much else out though... haven't found any major bugs with it either.  :)

I used to think I would prefer the 8.1 start screen over this, but I really like the live tiles on a smaller menu now that I've used it. I still much prefer the 8.1 start screen on a tablet though.

with popular requests for options to remove the new search and task view buttons. 

Now could they please fix the networking issues. I don't want to keep restarting my computer after I reset my modem/router.

Yay! Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates those buttons...

Why do you reset your modem/router so often that it is an issue? And ipconfig/release and renew won't fix it when you do reset your modem/router?

Windows 14

750px-Windows_Updated_Family_Tree.png

If you count only the blue ones, it adds up to 9 at 8 and 10 is 10th one. So that's why I can see why its called 10 based on that time graph

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I've been messing around with it, and it is faster than 8.1 for installs. I have a HTPC with the SSD partitioned in half and 8.1 on one and 10 on the other. I'm setting both OS's up identically and timed some of the installs for things like VLC, XBMC, etc and 10 was faster on every one of them. XBMC installed in about half the time on 10 as it did 8.1.

I haven't really tested much else out though... haven't found any major bugs with it either.  :)

I used to think I would prefer the 8.1 start screen over this, but I really like the live tiles on a smaller menu now that I've used it. I still much prefer the 8.1 start screen on a tablet though.

Yay! Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates those buttons...

Why do you reset your modem/router so often that it is an issue? And ipconfig/release and renew won't fix it when you do reset your modem/router?

crappy internet and once the internet connection has been broken it won't fully reconnect unless I restart 

If you count only the blue ones, it adds up to 9 at 8 and 10 is 10th one. So that's why I can see why its called 10 based on that time graph

But if you count 3.5 and 3.51 separately you would need to count 8 and 8.1 separately... so 11.

crappy internet and once the internet connection has been broken it won't fully reconnect unless I restart 

Ah, haven't had any issues like that yet, I might play with it by pulling the ethernet out and plugging it back in to see what happens on mine.

Wow, looks like Windows 10 might be a success. I am one of those 1 million :)

It is great Windows 10, using it as my main OS and it plays games flawlessly. Been playing some Crysis 3 and Shadow of Mordor.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

He forgot ME.

we dont regard that as an os, it doesnt deserve that right.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe they should have done this with W8 and we wouldn't be in this whole situation.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I think the problem is that it's really hard to navigate the feedback part.

You don't know what to search for, you don't know which sub category you should report in and so on. I have a lot of feedback to give but the system is terrible so I've barely given any feedback.

I am trying to find the sub category where you give feedback on the feedback system but I can't find it.

Maybe they should have done this with W8 and we wouldn't be in this whole situation.

They did. It's just that they flat out ignored a lot of the feedback they got.