Pewdiepie starting his own network.. (new contents)

Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg ( i bet you didn't knew his full name )

276727-h1.jpg

YouTube sensation & star of  World most subscribed YouTube channel (31 million), may leave web media company Maker Studio and parent company Disney to start his own network.

PewDiePie signed on with YouTube network Maker Studio, which also distributes TotalBiscuit and Yogcast, The Marker studio was acquired by Disney for a reported 500 million $ , with additional performance-based payouts of $450 million.making the total buyout at 900 million dollars..

PewDiePie expressed frustration with Maker Studio and Disney. His contract with the company will end in December, and he doesn't sound interested in renewing it

After a legal dispute with the multi-channel network (MCN) Machinima, is now part of Maker Studios

Pewdiepie recently stated that he may leave web media company Maker Studio and parent company Disney to start his own network.

"The fact that Disney bought Maker Studios doesn’t really change anything for me, If I ask for help, they reply, but that’s all the contact we have. We’ll see what happens."

- Piediepew ( :P)

With over 31 million YouTube subscribers ,PewdiePie is one of the most important personalities at Maker Studios  , PewDiePie brings in about 4 million in ad revenue on which marker studios have a cut on,

" I’d rather not talk too much about it. I’m in touch with a couple of people who I think would be so right for this. I’m eager to get it all up and running. So far, all the networks have been managed in such an incredibly poor way, it’s embarrassing really. I’d like to help other YouTubers "

- Piediepew ( :P)

EDIT:

The move is set for him to create his own studio & to help upcoming rising YouTuber's under his set company, this will be a great benefit for those who are being slaughtered by those who are under unfair studio contracts, RWJ also did this & later he had to allegedly drop off his channel, Wonder what's gonna happen to pewds if he goes with this decision..

Screen-Shot-2014-04-10-at-10.01.35-pm.pn

Pewds shared his recent brush with the marker studio ,

"My network Maker Studios wanted me to do this thing in Los Angeles, I didn’t even agree to do it but they still went ahead and arranged it all  I was supposed to sit around and play together with people I didn’t know. It turned out to be a terrible experience, which I haven’t repeated"        

- Pewds

Pewds criticized the big MCNs for being inhospitable to the average YouTuber, For instance , Disney recently sent over a bunch of people dressed as Stormtroopers to make a video together with pewds as in for a charity event . they got upset when they found out that there was no specific room for them to change clothes. And then, they didn’t agree to do basically anything in the video because it was not OK with “The Star Wars universe.” It all turned into chaos and it took a very long time. Finally, we ended up with something that they were going to edit but it was so bad I had to do it over and edit it myself. Furthermore, I don’t want Pewdiepie to be some kind of trademark that I lose control over…

"Google takes 45 percent of their ads, then the network takes 50 percent of theirs, that doesn’t leave that much money in the end. And it’s still the YouTuber who has produced, financed and made all the material on his or her own. The networks don’t do anything. There is really no good reason to sign all the money over to them. Some people who live in Los Angeles and want to make skits can borrow studios and equipment, but people like myself don’t need that"

Interview was done by the icon magazine (cover below)

ICON-5-2014-Pewdiepie-398x520.jpg

Read the whole article @

http://iconmagazine.se/artiklar/stories-in-english/powerful-swede-world-3/

Lots & lots of extra stuff with extra indepth interview from the ground up..

When asked whether he'd make anything with his name as a brand he responded..

"  I know I could rapidly double my income if I started licensing my name to products, sponsorships or appearing in various commercial contexts, but I don’t really feel like it. I’m not primarily in this for the money...

The network’s contract with Felix turned out to be impossible on a legal level too, as it tied him to the network for life. It took Felix hiring his own lawyer and then half a year of legal work to free himself from the network.

Leave your thoughts & comments beloowwwww....

Pewdiepie_brofist_by_lenielsona-.png

http://pulse2.com/2014/10/03/youtube-star-pewdiepie-plans-to-create-his-own-network-113176/

Bonus:

The_butterfly.png

Details separate people.

I really don't like his content, I mean really don't like I hate it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

honestly i'm not sure if this is either good or bad, the guy has a really annoying following a his video are a bit stupid too, but other that that, i don't see anything wrong whit this, every time a new surface about him it isn't some BS of the industry or crapping on his audience so idk how this will turn out

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

These are the types of comments that made him disable his comments in youtube... do people really think these were needed to be said? If you don't like his content oh well you don't have to want to kill him or to die... and people call him childish!

I hope he is the first UK resident to get ebola.

He definitely won't be the first. 

Wow, so much unwarranted hate flowing in the posts above—what's up with that? Felix is an incredibly successful person, who both has worked, and continues to work insanely hard to stay at the top. Instead of hating him, I believe he should be applauded, no matter what you think of his content it's still a great achievement.

If he does decide to go and create his own network, I wish him best of luck!

Cheers,

Linus

Fuck pewdiepie. Annoying ass person and only 12 year olds who like someone yelling rape in their mic over and over subscribe to him.

Like his style or not, you have to respect him for what he has achieved and what he has done

Edit: For everyone though, even though his style of video's do not suit you he has done more than you can imagine so he deserves your respect.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

The thought of all that money potentially leaving must make the folks running Maker Studio nervous. I get the feeling they'll do anything they can to keep him. Well at least if they're intelligent they will. Even if they have to give him a bigger cut of the revenue it would be better than losing all of it.

I have no clue what kind of margin he gets from his ad revenue, but it probably makes sense to start his own network and simply employ a group of people to deal with everything that his current network does for him. From a pure business perspective it seems like a smart move.

Also, to the people complaining about him: He's not dumb, he simply found his audience and produces what they ask for. PewDiePie is a character, not a person. Pretty much everyone who actually met him has said that he's actually a cool guy and that he knows exactly what he's doing. Not to mention that he regularly donates large sums of money to charities. If you don't like his content then that's fine (I strongly dislike it as well) but you have to realize that you're not his target audience anyway.

I have no idea of how it will go for him, but I don't see why some people hate him so much.

Some movie actors play annoying characters in a movie or series and get paid tons. He does the same but in front of a webcam and gets paid tons. Don't think that quite warrants hoping he "gets ebola" but ok.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

[sidesteps drama] I think is an interesting move. Everybody talks about Pewdiepie standing to loose but really, it is Maker that can potentially suffer: Pewdiepie is a one man show and he's a certified millionaire at this point he could completely retire and just live off interests from his bank account. He can easily afford to invest some money into a new network, fail and just go back to do videos or not do anything. Even if he loses most of his audience, who cares he's 1 guy and he's rich, wealthy even.

Maker studios on the other hand have lots of content creators frustrated, constantly dealing with copyright claims and other nonsense, now being threatened with the possibility of much more draconian rules or abandonment since they're basically associated with a major studio that's actually part of the MPAA. They where already starting patreon campaigns and that subbabble thing, now without Pewdiepie Maker will feel the hurt and other major players could also just drop em. Not to mention Maker studios isn't just a 1 man operation either their overhead and expenses is larger and their cut smaller.

Plus read about that part on disney buying with part of profits based on performance: A channel as large as Pewdiepie's can easily ran them off the target and make em potentially lose a ton of money in the buyout. So I really think this is a lot worst news for Maker.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not a huge fan of his, watched like 2 minutes of one of his videos and was like "nope...". But I wish him the best of luck regardless.

Just because i'm not a huge fan of something doesn't make it bad content.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

I really don't like his content, I mean really don't like I hate it.

If only I could hit that like button multiply times...

Good for him.

He figured it out, and he is taking the most out of it. Just like Disney, he found a consistent formula to make kids go crazy - Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, you name it, came all from the Disney production line.

If he is clever and confident enough to make it on his own, he might just achieve it.

I wish him the best of luck.

I don't watch his videos, it's not my style. But I do respect someone that innovated and created tendencies, he is in fact a very successful person that lives everyday as he wants working on his dream job. Today he has a massive fan base and tons of other youtubers that aspire to be a fraction of what he is now.

Now this guy that has been on the business for quite a while gathered enough experience and knowledge and is ready for the next step. Everybody knows that the Youtube we know is not going to be like this forever and that there is a big possibility that the biggest youtubers are now at their peak, including Pewdiepie. He is making a huge investment to his future that will ensure he can keep on the game for several years more, pretty smart if you ask me.

To the people on the forums giving trash, I hope you remember the difference between a character and a person, the character created for Pewdiepie's videos while obnoxious and stupid, is the product he is selling and Felix is the guy behind the curtain, which we can see is a smart and successful businessman.

When a screaming muppet gets vastly tons of encouragement and attention meanwhile serious people don't receive a quarter of that then I'd immediately state the fact that people have woefully lost their snotty minds.

If only I could hit that like button multiply times...

Thanks, it seems that are a lot of guys in this forum that agree with me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

"Tech News and Reviews"

Yeah right....

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan