$600 digital artwork and technicolour Cutlasses

So what do you guys think of the new ships CIG have just released, the 890 Jump and Cutlass variants? Is anyone planning on picking up an 890 trophy piece for a mere $600? Or, like me are you contemplating picking up a new Cutlass?

Personally I think the Red looks the by far the best but as I want to trade and fight and maybe dabble elsewhere but a med-transport wasn't a role I was thinking of. So I'm edging towards the blue or black. So let me know what you think, is the blue worth the extra $50 or not?

I'm kinda thinking red might be fun, but then there is blue. :( I don't know

I'm here because I can be :P also I bought the red. as I'm a bit more non-combat than pirate hunter/transport

I was looking forward to the 890 jump so much ever since it was first announced it would happen like a year ago, aaaaaaaand it's $600

I literally cried

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

Well, in the end, it's always Red Vs Blue. The only question you can ask is: "Have you ever wondered why we're here?" (10 internets and a cookie if someone understood that reference)

Sarge.

Personally im keeping the Black, this is one of those ships that your better of upgrading yourself IMO, i don't need twosick beds or 6 jail cages. if i can id take 3 cages and 1 bed then have the ultimate Bounty hunter ship! :D

I was looking forward to the 890 jump so much ever since it was first announced it would happen like a year ago, aaaaaaaand it's $600

I literally cried

Did you really think they would sell a Luxury yacht for cheap ? although i was expecting it around 400 max, but they DID make it bigger then they originally intended and they threw in that mini ship as well...

Sarge.

It's Simmons actually xD

About the Red, does it have any weaponry? I know it's a code not to attack any field medic in traditional warfare, but if you're rushing in into enemy territory, I don't think you'll be welcomed warmly. You would need something to atleast defend yourself, right?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

It's Simmons actually xD

About the Red, does it have any weaponry? I know it's a code not to attack any field medic in traditional warfare, but if you're rushing in into enemy territory, I don't think you'll be welcomed warmly. You would need something to atleast defend yourself, right?

option for 1 nose and 2 wing guns

0 missiles as far as i know and no clue what the turret can do, its pretty much a 300i with no missiles.

Sarge.

Personally im keeping the Black, this is one of those ships that your better of upgrading yourself IMO, i don't need twosick beds or 6 jail cages. if i can id take 3 cages and 1 bed then have the ultimate Bounty hunter ship! :D

Did you really think they would sell a Luxury yacht for cheap ? although i was expecting it around 400 max, but they DID make it bigger then they originally intended and they threw in that mini ship as well...

well I was thinking maybe $300, and i could stretch to that. But 600? that is just way to much, I don't pay hat for single pieces of harware, even less for digital artwork

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

I own the Freelancer and have the DUR upgrade and Have been trying to come up with a reason to purchase the Cutlass. I primarily see the cutlass as a small light cargo ship that can encounter a few dogfights here and there. As for the variants, the Red (Medic) Cutlass is a one of a kind and I can see in the PU that you can make a shitload of money with it since you know many people aren't gonna play the medic role. The Blue (Police) variant is honestly really good and the best so far for what it does. The Avenger is honestly not capable of completing with the Cutlass. Cutlass has more holding bays, and the two closets by the back door could be used for a weapons rack and the cutlass as the topside turret. Avenger is just more cost effective. The normal Cutlass is strictly for pirates. The amount of cargo area and the weapons and speed add up for a good pirate ship being able to quickly do small grabs and with a group of these, you can do a lot. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

Ok, so I melted my 325a (a day before they announced that it would be flyable the following day) and picked up a shiny Blue Cutlass.
It looks amazing, the 1 gripe I have with it is pressing big blue buttons to activate stuff? I know they are supposed to be basic ships but if they can put central locking on a $10,000 car 10 years ago then they can put it on a space ship in 2544.
It looks perfect for a small armed transport and will be great for bounty hunting too. It's cargo hold is damn near as big as the freelancer's too (the black version anyway). Oh, and it should be FAST!!! 2x HE 5.4s. It looks like it would be faster than the 300i, with more than double the thrust but only 80% more weight.

well I was thinking maybe $300, and i could stretch to that. But 600? that is just way to much, I don't pay hat for single pieces of harware, even less for digital artwork

I agree, that thing was more expensive than any single component in my PC. But it would be a nice thing to work towards as an org in game.