Xbox One PC controller support(Warranty) is a joke

Helepolis

So about 2 months ago I picked up a Xbox One controller to play through the Dark Souls 2 DLC on my PC. I immediately had to return it as the right trigger had a grinding feeling in it. No big deal, just bad luck, exchanged it and all was well again. I had since shelved the controller up until just now; the controller no longer connects after sitting on a shelf beside my modem for 2 months. I tried different cables, different USB ports, computers, nothing worked, my controller was defective. ~8hrs of use should not have worn out the controller already.

I tried registering my controller on the Xbox website, apparently I have to register an Xbox One to use the service.

I tried talking to an agent using their instant messaging system, he said while my controller is still under warranty, he cannot do anything without me having a registered Xbox One. He did however give me a number to their warranty line saying they might be able to assist me.

I called the line which directed me to their Xbox department, I explained my issue but after mentioning I was using it for my PC they referred me their PC support line.

At the mention of an Xbox One controller their PC support line referred me back to the the Xbox line.

To avoid being referred back to the PC line, this time I explained I bought the controller to use when I was visiting a friend. I was told they cannot help me without a registered Xbox One to my account.

So without an Xbox my Warranty will not even be processed, what the hell am I supposed to do?! Shouldn't this have been considered when announcing official PC support?

Tough luck,xbox warranty service should burn with them 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Tough luck 

It's not tough luck if that's how the controller warranty works. It's poor customer service and a big "fuck you" to people who don't use the controller on the Xbone.

It's not tough luck if that's how the controller warranty works. It's poor customer service and a big "fuck you" to people who don't use the controller on the Xbone.

I edited it 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I have emailed Microsoft customer support directly(well twice, the first time I was told to go to a support line I already tried. Still waiting on the second),Xbox support forums, even left tweets on their Xbox and Microsoft pages linking to this page. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

After 8 hours worth of phone calls and instant messaging support, they finally took my case in. It seems I ran into a number of support agents who did not want to be bothered asking their manager about working around not having a registered Xbox One, so instead they kept passing me off to different departments. I talked to a few agents who made an honest effort to remedy my situations, but 8 freaking hours all because I use my controller on my windows machine?! That is ridiculous. No offence to their twitter team, but it is kind of sad when I felt like they provided more earnest support compared to the call center who's supposed to handle the majority of the support.