Media PC time (looking to keep it cheap :) )

Ok cheep media pc :)

so fair 

AMD A-Series A4-5300

Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 PC10600/1333MHz

Asus A55M-A/USB3

FSP Group Alimentation Hexa 500W 80 + (cheapest 80+ power supply in new zealand)

with the hard drive do i grab a small ssd like 64gb and a 3tb hdd or just grab the 3tb and go for it and if i just get a 3tb will a green be to slow??)

(defiantly need some good media pc case advice) 

and need advise on a good cheep remote to use(better then using a keyboard and mouse ive been told) 

And a good sound card to go with it all :)

going to use windows 7 with XBMC

So we have a 51inc and a projector they both use hdmi and we have a full cinema sound system 

the plan would be to use the tv with the tv speakers so hdmi there, then when I use the projector run the sound through the sound card to the amp for the system.

so any way i can do that and anyway i can have 2 x hdmi out 1 x hdmi and 1 dvi to hdmi so i can have a projector Chanel and a tv Chanel 

also is there a way for me to download movies and tv shows from my pc and they go strate to the media after they have downloaded.

feel free to tell me to replace parts and why :)

Creative Sound Blaster Z is a great option for a sound card. I know the general consensus here is Asus sound cards, but I'm going to break that tradition.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i got a antec fution remote case i love it havent seen it around in stores lately (was a pain to build in but i love the looks) FusionBlack430_Q.jpg

its what i use for my htpc micro atx or itx though no full atx i like the screen for the graphics equilizer tricks my friends to thinking its a 2nd amp

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Creative Sound Blaster Z is a great option for a sound card. I know the general consensus here is Asus sound cards, but I'm going to break that tradition.

i got a antec fution remote case i love it havent seen it around in stores lately (was a pain to build in but i love the looks) FusionBlack430_Q.jpg

its what i use for my htpc micro atx or itx though no full atx i like the screen for the graphics equilizer tricks my friends to thinking its a 2nd amp

Just added this

with the hard drive do i grab a small ssd like 64gb and a 3tb hdd or just grab the 3tb and go for it and if i just get a 3tb will a green be to slow??)

I'd get the 64GB SSD and pair it with a 3TB HDD. A green HDD shouldn't be too slow. It should handle everything you throw at it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

personly a htpc dosent need a ssd i run a old 320gb sata drive on mine and then network my 4tb drive to my htpc the 4tb is in my main rig

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

i use to use my 2tb for media and yeah was fine my 4tb is a 5900rpm seagate was under 200$

personly a htpc dosent need a ssd i run a old 320gb sata drive on mine and then network my 4tb drive to my htpc the 4tb is in my main rig

No one NEEDS an SSD, but it's always nice to have the extra speed.

my htpc was spare parts so my budget didnt alow for it i run xbmc as well and its nice and true dont need a ssd but if u have a old drive laying around cuts ur cost

No one NEEDS an SSD, but it's always nice to have the extra speed.

until they get to have one, then they wonder how they lived without it! lol, I have a samsung 840 pro, and holy crap I love the thing to death lol.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yeah. My Intel SSD is amazing. I'll never give it up. If it dies, I'll just buy another one if there's no warranty on it.

Not trying to toot my own horn but do u guys think we can get this to slick or linus as i think this would be a great video for the channel (setting up media pcs and making them and what you need to know)  With the next gen console so post to be the center of the living room i think people need to know that a media pc is a better solution 

until they get to have one, then they wonder how they lived without it! lol, I have a samsung 840 pro, and holy crap I love the thing to death lol.

This. So much this.

When you get used to your computer booting in less than 10 seconds, super fast loading screens and software generally opening up as fast as you can blink; how can you ever go back?

Potato

Will the HDMI out of the htpc go directly to the TV? If you have the theater sound system, then it probably has a receiver/amp. If you're running an HDMI pass through the receiver, then you wouldn't need a sound card.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Will the HDMI out of the htpc go directly to the TV? If you have the theater sound system, then it probably has a receiver/amp. If you're running an HDMI pass through the receiver, then you wouldn't need a sound card.

Yes it will. Its a slightly older amp/receiver The last gen b4 hdmi was used, its a good amp just a bit old.