The evil within locked at 30 fps

Cowkiemonster

But where is it "catching on?" Just because of The Evil Within? I don't think 30 FPS caps on PC games have been this rare in years.

And what does Ubisoft have to do with it? They still haven't announced a 30 FPS cap on any of PC releases as far as I can tell.

About three weeks ago ubisoft announced that they thin that the gaming industry should drop 60 fps and frame cap at 30. And I said that it would be sad if this attitude towards pc gamers started catching on in the gamin industry

Can't we use D3D Overrider to remove this 30FPS cap like we did with AC4 Black Flag?

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

About three weeks ago ubisoft announced that they thin that the gaming industry should drop 60 fps and frame cap at 30. And I said that it would be sad if this attitude towards pc gamers started catching on in the gamin industry

It was a silly statement that really didn't even mean anything, though. It's hard to discern what he was even talking about. Consoles have never had a 60 FPS standard to begin with. And despite a few glaring exceptions lately, 30 FPS caps on PC are almost unheard of anymore.

It would be very sad if that caught on for PC ports, but I think we've seen the opposite happening over the last few years.

Can't we use D3D Overrider to remove this 30FPS cap like we did with AC4 Black Flag?

Since The Evil Within is an id Tech 5 engine game, I believe you can just use command line switches to remove the cap. It seems to work fine at least up to 60 FPS.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Evil_Within

Bear in mind that its not always a given that a 30 FPS cap can be removed without consequences. Some games designed to always run at 30 FPS may have other systems tied to the framerate. For instance, removing the cap in Dark Souls causes your character to occasionally fall through certain objects.

Looking in the bright side I'm sure there some members of ubisoft that strongly believe 60fps+ should be the standard.