Opinions On Alien: Isolation

EarthboundHero

So, I got Alien: Isolation with my Never Settle Bundle and have been playing it a bit. I quite like it. It's my first "Modern Survival Horror" game, and I have to say I'm pleased. I was just curious as to your opinions, as this game got very mixed reviews. With as low as a 5.9 from IGN, and as high as a 9.3 from PCGamer. I'd love to hear your guy's opinions on it. What you like and what you don't like. And might I add this game looks lovely on my new R9 280 with full details. :)

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

game looks great I can even max it out with my 7850 and 3570K (ofcourse not with AA) but only thing that annoys me is the grain like filter in the game (that gives it movie like feel)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

game looks great I can even max it out with my 7850 and 3570K (ofcourse not with AA) but only thing that annoys me is the grain like filter in the game (that gives it movie like feel)

You can disable that. I can get it max, even with full AA. I still get over 60 FPS, but my resolution is only 1360X768.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I was just watching this on Achievement Hunter. Looks very fun.

Also, I wouldn't follow IGN's score. They always seem a bit off to me.

Just like Skyrim with aliens. - IGN

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

3 words:

scary as fuck

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Looks can be deceiving. While I do think its a good game so far I wouldnt call it fun. You spend tons of time trying to avoid the alien. I dont want to spoil it all but I wouldn't call it fun.. :lol:

Sorry for double post but did IGN seriously say that?>

Sorry for double post but did IGN seriously say that?>

No xD

Just heard it a few times with "Just like Skyrim with guns. - IGN", so I thought to apply it to this lol :P

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I decided to watch IGN's video review for the halibut. It seemed like he scored it low because "the game was too long" and he wanted more gameplay variation? He can't give a game that poor of a review just because he's some console peasant who wants sunshine and roses all the times or rage quiet. For people that like what this game brings: beautiful visuals, nice tribute to Aliens, completely random unscripted unstoppable alien baddy, this game looks great.

Looks can be deceiving. While I do think its a good game so far I wouldnt call it fun. You spend tons of time trying to avoid the alien. I dont want to spoil it all but I wouldn't call it fun.. :lol:

We have different ideas of fun.  :ph34r:

I decided to watch IGN's video review for the halibut. It seemed like he scored it low because "the game was too long" and he wanted more gameplay variation? He can't give a game that poor of a review just because he's some console peasant who wants sunshine and roses all the times or rage quiet. For people that like what this game brings: beautiful visuals, nice tribute to Aliens, completely random unscripted unstoppable alien baddy, this game looks great.

Well, the large amount of time before you even get to see the alien is a decent chunk of time, and that time was spent well imo. 

Idk why so many people just expect a Slender, or FN@F. 

I love to see a long horror game with story and decent build up, and Alien: Isolation, as far as I can tell, fills that quite nicely. 

why no coop? i like the scenario but i think im maybe to much of a pussy to play it alone coop would have been fun though:(

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

As far as it's "run & hide" game, I'm not even interested in it.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

We have different ideas of fun.  :ph34r:

Yah I'm  competitive fps player so hiding  isn't what I really call fun lol But I def wouldnt say the game is bad.. Its been quite good so far.