Don't have a name for her yet!

Martsmac1982

Hey guys, I've been building PC's for years but this is just my second water-cooled PC. Have been looking for a place like this to share tips and info and basically just join a community of like minded builders. At work at the moment so I can't post pictures but i can say what I have/plan to build..... here are some of the parts I currently have, I think this system is maybe a couple months away from completion, but here goes......

Will update this thread later/tomorrow morning with some pics and possibly videos.

My Current Build

Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840

Mobo: EVGA X58 3x SLI Classified v759

CPU: Core I7 970 Hexacore

RAM: G.Skill 24GB (F3-12800CL9T2)

Soundcard: Onboard

PSU: Corsair AX 1200

Optical: Plextor PX-B940SA Blu Ray Burner

SSD1: OCZ 128GB Vertex 3

SSD2: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

HDD1: Velociraptor 300GB Mechanical HDD

HDD2: WD 2002FAEX 2TB Caviar Black Download/Data Drive

GPU: EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper

Liquid Cooling

EK HF CPU Block

EVGA GTX 690 HYDRO COPPER BLOCK

XSPC RX 360mm Radiator

3x GT AP 15 fans on rad

3x GT AP 15 fans as case fans

Primochill Black 1/2ID 3/4OD Tubing

Dual Bay Reservoir built in pump top

DDC Pump (forget which model now)

Bitspower Compression Fittings

New Build so Far

Case :                  Case Labs STH10

Motherboard:       ASUS Rampage V Extreme

CPU:                    Intel Core I7 5960X

RAM:                   Undecided atm but want 32GB DDR4

Optical:                Plextor Blu-Ray Burner from my last PC

PSU:                    Corsair AX1200 

SSD1:                  (OS Drive) OCZ Vertex 3 128GB

SSD2:                  (Primary Games Drive) Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

HDD1:                  (Secondary Games Drive) WD VelociRaptor 300GB???

For this build I fully intend to use Quick Disconnects (yes I'm aware some people don't like them, but I want it to be easy to upgrade/move around components this time.

Old Machine:

3133h3m.jpg

2nvuex5.jpg

sv77gj.jpg

New Machine (Work In Progress)

53lbv7.jpg

30le0rr.jpg

Please Note the PSU in the top chamber is there for sizing purposes only, obviously I'm not going to use a 250 watt old PSU in this machine!

So... you got a 1200w PSU for a system with no GPU?

Assuming that you have plans for a gpu

get a bigger ssd... and maybe get a 5930k instead? From what I've seen in ivy bridge-e and sandy bridge-e that extra 400 dollar isn't giving you much. I think it'd be much better spent on 2x 512 840 pro in raid 0.

And if you already have a ssd, buy 3 more and then raid 0.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

So... you got a 1200w PSU for a system with no GPU?

Assuming that you have plans for a gpu

get a bigger ssd... and maybe get a 5930k instead? From what I've seen in ivy bridge-e and sandy bridge-e that extra 400 dollar isn't giving you much. I think it'd be much better spent on 2x 512 840 pro in raid 0.

And if you already have a ssd, buy 3 more and then raid 0.

OP already has all the parts stated above.

GPU(s) will be mandatory as 5960X has no iGPU

"Rawr XD"

Hey guys, I've been building PC's for years but this is just my second water-cooled PC. Have been looking for a place like this to share tips and info and basically just join a community of like minded builders. At work at the moment so I can't post pictures but i can say what I have/plan to build..... here are some of the parts I currently have, I think this system is maybe a couple months away from completion, but here goes......

Will update this thread later/tomorrow morning with some pics and possibly videos.

So my case :       Case Labs STH10

My Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme

CPU:                    Intel Core I7 5960X

RAM:                   Undecided atm but want 32GB DDR4

Optical:                Plextor Blu-Ray Burner from my last PC

PSU:                    Corsair AX1200 

SSD1:                  (OS Drive) OCZ Vertex 3 128GB

SSD2:                  (Primary Games Drive) Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

HDD1:                  (Secondary Games Drive) WD VelociRaptor 300GB???

TBC........

The Key Line "here are some of the parts I currently have"

I DON'T have the GPU's yet or the RAM, as I'm undecided on both!

Nice build, you have the right CPU for that MOBO, I have been seeing people using 5820K in it which is an oxymoron. cheapest CPU in one of the most expensive mobo's. :huh:
Maybe consider an all SSD build.
Nice case btw.

Are you going to wait for the 980ti/titan2 and 390x or grab some 980's. It would be a shame not to wait for atleast some info on the higher end GPU's as they go nicely with your system.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 3600 - 1080Ti & 1070Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB NVMeSSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Yeah that's the big annoyance from me (I know this sounds petty) but I can't help thinking that even the 980's are not fast enough for this machine. I'm still rocking a GTX 690 In my current build , would love to see what the equivalent of the maxwell architecture can do (although I think I'm still gonna go double/triple single cards in SLI). Are there any estimates for the REAL big boy maxwell cards in terms of dates???

So I'm slowly narrowing down the parts of this new build that I have left......ATM I'm thinking about the rads....I have already decided to go with 3x 560mm rads (as I'm eventually planning on liquid cooling everything including the mobo and RAM). ATM I'm looking at the Phobya G-Changer 560 models , does anyone have any thoughts on that choice or should I look elsewhere . Was also looking at the hardware labs gtx rads but they are a little skinnier than the phobya ones. My setup will be dual 560 rads in the bottom bay and 1 560 in the top as I have the extended top. Space available at bottom will be enough for two 70mm rads with 25mm fans in push pull on both of them.

So I have my res mounted now looking into how I'm going to mount my Alphacool VPP655T Pump no ideas so far I wanted to have the pump coming directly from the red without tubing but due to a lack of pump mounting locations I think I'm going to go res to pump with tubing using compression fittings instead of just fittings all the way! Anyone know of any good mounts or brackets that would work? If there are mounts that can be fitted to 1 of the fled bays of the STH10 to mount my pump that could work!

post-146420-0-68078500-1413481580_thumb.

Just a small update, I decided to mount my pump on the far right (when looking from the angle in the image above) on top of the removable plate. Have tested the pump/res/initial tubing section for leaks and thus far I'm pleased to say NONE!!!!

Still a long way to go but now I'm really excited for this build. Waiting on a few more parts to arrive and I'll hopefully update this thread with some new pictures and progress report soon!

Got some more pictures to upload will try to get them up tonight!

• 4 months later...

So I've been EXTREMELY slow updating this thread, but now I hope to be more regular with it. I'm currently leak testing my loop (mainly to see if the fittings that are no longer easily accessible are safe), It's coming along nicely now. 

To answer a few of the questions I've seen in this thread....

I am planning on putting a minimum of 2x Titan X's in this bad boy, and a maximum of 4 (obvioulsly) the amount will depend on pricing , I'm budgeting for MSRP of 999$ per card. (Yes I know it sounds ridiculous but this rig IS going to be ridiculous).

I have purchased some RAM but atm am limiting myself to 8GB (as DDR4 is currently way over priced and really immature in its life cycle, in other words speeds will get much faster and ultimately I would like to install 64GB).

One other question/comment I noticed was the one(s) about having a VRaptor as opposed to getting say a JUST SSD Rig, well I do have 2 SSD in this rig, my large mechanical drive is solely used for Storage so speed is not really that important, but yeah I may add another later. In fact I'm interested in going the M.2 or PCIExpress route for storage however tbh I REALLY don't want to lose PCI-E bandwidth that I could be using for GPU's due to extra fast storage.

Here are some pics to update this thread, please note this is still some way off being finished:

IMG_20150313_183726.jpgIMG_20150313_183654.jpgIMG_20150313_183705.jpgIMG_20150313_183715.jpgIMG_20150313_183648.jpgIMG_20150313_183639.jpgIMG_20150313_183634.jpg

So yeah like I said its still very much a work in progress, and providing the leak testing proves to be good, there are only really two issues I have with it at the moment, when trying to fill the loop its fine whilst filling it, however when I turn off the pump (to bleed bubbles etc) it shoots a small portion of water back out the "fillport" I'm using.....any ideas, and the second thing is (I'm crap at cable management so I'm not looking forward to wiring all my psu and rad fan cables etc, but thats for another post haha (also thinking about having a custom PSU cable kit made!

Oh that and the fact that there is simply no way I am fitting an Optical drive in this machine the way my loop is currently configured!

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

Martin

IMG_20150313_183639.jpg

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

looks good so far, your lower fan/filter setup is restrictive. you want the air filtered

going in, not as exhaust (as pictured). flip 'em around.

Not sure how you mean, both the bottom rads are in PUSH/PULL config and the air is being pushed out from the inside. So the push fans on both rads are pushing the air through the rads then the pull fans on the outside are pulling the air through it to the outside of the case!!

I think I see what you mean, will it make THAT much difference the way they are right now?

• 2 months later...

So I thought I'd update this thread that's been idle for AGES, I'm at the leak testing/bleeding stage of my build now and having a weird issue (ignore the cabling, I', getting custom cables done just using the stock ones for now), also NONE of the components are live, I'm using an external Molex power supply for my Pump at the moment.

So I'm having one weird issue as you can see from the attached pictures and that is that whenever I stop my pump from running , a small jet of water gets shot back out my fill port, but ONLY when the pump is not running, is this due to air bubbles being trapped and if so what can I do to get rid of them??... also should i leave one port open for the air to escape from whilst another lets me fill her up as its only about 3 1/4's full at the mo.

Any advice is much appreciated and here are some pictures:

http://s18.postimg.org/gs8jpezy1/IMG_20150609_145426.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/6cxs2rddl/IMG_20150609_185938.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/va5qxer95/IMG_20150609_185926.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/hqowrpda1/IMG_20150609_185949.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/ihhmxhfnd/IMG_20150609_190002.jpg

Nevermind , I figured it out, I have to fill it to the top (or as close as I can get) then properly plug up the res with stopper fittings as opposed to leaving the tubing in with a stopper on top of it.