Assassins's Creed Unity dev claims 60fps is not good for image quality

totjup5

I guess we shouldn't really be surprised at this point, but this is a bit too far. The creative director also agreed stating that 30fps is "More Cinematic." (which is bs). They also went as far as to say that 60fps is a worse experience for adventure games. The sad thing to me is that these people are spreading false information that most console gamers will unfortunately believe.

Here is a quote from the dev: "At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60fps and it doesn't look like the real thing," he said. "It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird."

Sources: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-director-who-cares-about-res/1100-6422838/

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/09/30-was-our-goal-it-feels-more-cinematic-says-assassins-creed-unity-dev/

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

wat the actual fuck why is noone confronting them. comon reddit

Q3OjVSu.gif

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

they think 30fps is ok... anyone who has played on 60fps like the last of us remastered apparently is for console and all pc games can tell the difference and would want 60 over 30 any day

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Apparently some people think 60FPS looks weird to some people. Personally I'm used to using a 30Hz monitor (well, TV) for my PC, so the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS is actually barely noticeable to me, and I'm not bothered by it unlike many other people

"Rawr XD"

When I saw the title I wanted to say "of course not, anything below 80fps is not good enough"

But after reading the quote that wouldn't really make sense.

That guy needs glasses the hobbit looked great so great in fact that they had trouble with the props looking like props because of the high fps.

More excuses for optimisation problems...

A But hey if they make it 4k on PC we'll also only have about 30fps with, enthusiast grad hardware.

Some should just mention that the world around us is continuous, and seeing continuos movement is what humans consider normal.

what they say 60fps hobbit was weird is just humans being used to a low framerate film, so going more "natural" with a higher framerate catches the brain unprepared. once you play games, you dont really notice that as weird but as smoother

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

I agree, the Hobbit movie looked very weird indeed in the higher frame rate version to the point where I couldn't even enjoy the movie while I was watching it. It did take away from it's cinematic look and it made it look too real imo. That being said, why the fuck does this guy think the rules are the same for video games? I have never played a game that was ruined for me by a higher frame rate.

Why can't they just tell us the truth, that the now current generation consoles are underpowered and they can't achieve acceptable framerates? They should simply come out with the truth and stop giving us this B.S. already.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Cinematic look is just that, a look acceptable for movies. Over 30FPS is for gaming, 30FPS should be the bare minimum and it is not a decent experience. I am willing to compromise on the graphics quality to achieve 60fps (or at least 50fps) because of the fluid and responsive feel of the game!

Why don't you let us decide what looks weird? Why don't you let us decide how far we want to push our hardware? What the actual fuck you morons!!!

Let me guess, the options menu will have 3 settings and a brightness slider. No Advanced settings, no resolution settings. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I guess we shouldn't really be surprised at this point, but this is a bit too far. The creative director also agreed stating that 30fps is "More Cinematic." (which is bs). They also went as far as to say that 60fps is a worse experience for adventure games. The sad thing to me is that these people are spreading false information that most console gamers will unfortunately believe.

Here is a quote from the dev: "At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60fps and it doesn't look like the real thing," he said. "It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird."

Sources: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-director-who-cares-about-res/1100-6422838/

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/09/30-was-our-goal-it-feels-more-cinematic-says-assassins-creed-unity-dev/

Everyone at Ubisoft is "really weird". I mean if they want to keep outright lying to people? We should just make up some stuff.

Everyone at Ubisoft is involved with drug trafficking. I know this, because I just watched the movie Blow and while movies have nothing to do with gaming, I think this confirms it.

On a side note. The other day I was perusing an article on IGN and a few console company astroturfers were repeatedly selling the idea that 60 FPS games give people seizures and they should be outlawed. I shit you not. These comments were upvoted many times, and by "guest" (clean temp internet files and re upvote) viewers.

Screw you console makers and screw you Ubisoft. To the people who belive up is down and take false information like this and repeat it on forums? Don't have kids.  You are now advertisers of BS, that was a lie by advertisers who probably laughed when they wrote the damn thing. To be honest I don't know how these people from Ubisoft can say this crap with a straight face. Maybe they don't. I imagine them sitting in a room with the clowns at sites like IGN and all laughing.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

yeah 60 FPS affects image quality on the stupid consoles cause you have to turn settings and resolution WAAAY down just to get it.

if your talking about consoles, then say your talking about consoles.

Meanwhile just leave us PC gamers to whatever our hardware can handle

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I used to run most games I played on my laptop around 30fps, after upgrading to my desktop and running most of them at 60+ fps it is so very much better.

This dev must have been dropped down 500 flights of stairs or something cause he is dumb as fuck to say 30fps looks better than 60fps.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

And the evil behind all this is... TADA FUCK APU'S which everyone seems to like?stupid imo,they are trash and need to disapear from the market,try find an amd laptop without APU good luck.

yeah 60 FPS affects image quality on the stupid consoles cause you have to turn settings and resolution WAAAY down just to get it.

if your talking about consoles, then say your talking about consoles.

Meanwhile just leave us PC gamers to whatever our hardware can handle

Exactly my thoughts. We know by now that 60fps on consoles is just not feasible. Twisting the truth as an excuse is lame.

Just say that this is all they can push out of the consoles for now. It is not ubisoft their fault that the consoles can't handle their games.

Apparently some people think 60FPS looks weird to some people. Personally I'm used to using a 30Hz monitor (well, TV) for my PC, so the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS is actually barely noticeable to me, and I'm not bothered by it unlike many other people

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

https://boallen.com/fps-compare-html5.html

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

That's why I don't buy shit console ported games. Ubisoft should be announced as a worst game company of the year. They started this shit from the Watch_Dogs & they keep messing things up. Just avoid the games which they publish. Don't buy their games. Let only their console peasants buy their games. If you won't buy their games, then their business won't be as good as it is now & maybe they will realize they fucked up with their attitude their PC clients.

Well, I just delivered a "sweet" message on their official facebook page in the name of PC gamers ;)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

More absolute utter silly-bollocks.

30 fps isn't cinematic. Put it at 24 you numbskulls.

They should just prerender the game and release it as a film. Max cinematics

They should just prerender the game and release it as a film. Max cinematics

Please don't ubi might be lurking this thread.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090