New build need help

adamjlemoine

Hello Linus community 

I recently built a machine for overclocking and gaming, specifically world of warcraft - which I know isnt THAT demanding of a title...

That being said.. I have a few questions.

here comes the technical junk about my build.

Sabertooth 990fx

amd 6300fx black edition

g-skill sniper 1866 16gb

samsung 840 pro

assorted wd hdds for storage

(where i went wrong but i got them used at a fair price 100 bucks for both) HD7750 XFX Ghost crossfire setup

corsair ax760i

rosewill air cpu cooler/heatsink

all stuffed into a tiny but nice thermal take Dokker mid tower case...

Now... the fun begins.

I'm obviously on a budget...

but this case was from a previous build, and  I am strongly considering a XSPC liquid kit...

as is right now I am running WOW at temps around 51-59C with a 4.1 clock. 

thats with high to ultra settings..

I am getting scared abit with the temps and wondering if the 7 fans I have stuffed into the case are causing more heat then cool air. they're set up as follows:

140mm rear exhaust

140mm bottom intake

80mm hdd bottom intake

x2 140mm top exhaust

140mm front intake

140mm side panel intake

rosewill cpu heatsink/fan

second question.

phanteks pro or luxe? my budget is around 150 US for a new case if I decide to ditch this one.

I will want new PWM fans for said case

lastly - 

Overclocking.. If I clock this AMD cpu to 4.6ghz which is ideally what i want, and seen/read others hitting at comfortable temps.

XSPC kits worth while? or is it better to piece out separate parts, blocks, pump, resv, rads etc?

oh and a quick thank you to Linus, everything I have bought I seek out your reviews before I make any decisions. Ideally I am happy but I feel as if I can get more out of these components with some tips and advice.

you only need 8gb of RAM for gaming, and 1 single good GPU will perform better and consume less power than 2 bad GPUs

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Those temps are not even hot... 

The fans may be cause problems pushing air in to many directions and what not. need to strategically place them and whether to be intake or exhaust.

For overclocking you cant just set it as that speed, you need to test bench it and check it doesnt cause errors. Speed isnt everything, it may be stable at 4.1 but at 4.6 cause lots of errors and crash and become damaged etc 

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

yeah I know the GPU's suck...

what would anyone suggest I wont be able to dump anymore than 200 bucks into a card, is it even worth while?

perhaps like this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150702  ???

nah this it has a 30 dollar rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150706&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

So intakes are x2 140mm bottom 140mm front and door

Ehaust all 140s two in the top one in the rear. Overkill?

So intakes are x2 140mm bottom 140mm front and door

Ehaust all 140s two in the top one in the rear. Overkill?

Nope, plenty of fresh air pull into the case and your component will thank you. Just remember to clean out the dust filter from time to time to ensure there is always good airflow going into the case.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

so i went ahead and got a phantek entroo pro case based off the review by linus - i am also going ahead and ordering a 229.00 vid card (since I can ebay the 7750's for atleast something in return to alleviate my budget limitations.)  thanks for all your advice and for not being rude to a noob modder/builder. 

update : put in an XSPC liquid cooler, and dropped my cpu temps back into the 30s. matter of fact running icey cold havent seen a spike into the 40s yet. I havent run any significant benchmarking but my daily activity 38 on average

Get a new case, downgrade to 8gb ram and GET A NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD FOR GODS SAKE!!!

Yognaught and Proud!