Corsair M65 Vs. Logitech G502

Recon97

Corsair M65 has a maximum of 8200 dpi while G502 has a maximum of 12000 dpi.

The display resolution is 1440P so I have no idea if 8200 dpi is enough for it.

DPI is just marketing most people won't need more than 2-3k dpi at absolute most.

8200 dpi is already overkill for any current resolution so 12000 dpi would be insane even at 4k, I'm using a G502 and it's an awesome mouse but I'm running it at 1150 dpi and unlike the Corsair has a perfect sensor. Plus mixing peripherals doesn't always look too bad I'm using the G502 with my Ducky and I think it looks quite good.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

DPI is just marketing most people won't need more than 2-3k dpi at absolute most.

8200 dpi is already overkill for any current resolution so 12000 dpi would be insane even at 4k, I'm using a G502 and it's an awesome mouse but I'm running it at 1150 dpi and unlike the Corsair has a perfect sensor. Plus mixing peripherals doesn't always look too bad I'm using the G502 with my Ducky and I think it looks quite good.

My friend uses 9400 DPI on a 9 monitor 3d design setup. All the monitors are 1440p. But most people won't need that much sensitivity.

My friend uses 9400 DPI on a 9 monitor 3d design setup. All the monitors are 1440p. But most people won't need that much sensitivity.

Yea, I think if you're using 9 1440p monitors you're a bit of an edge case.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

Yea, I think if you're using 9 1440p monitors you're a bit of an edge case.

Lol I agree. But my g502 is really good, and I tried out five mice and chose it. (Deathadder Chroma, Steelseries Rival, Kone XTD, Corsair M65 RGB, and the Logitech g502)

BTW my friend says 12,000 DPI is too much for even a 9 monitor 1440p setup. I'm just wondering what graphics card/cards he has.

• 2 months later...

The M65 has a terrible 9800 sensor with acceleration

the G502 has a near perfect sensor with absolutely no acceleration and perfect tracking

no contest

the M65 uses a avago 9800S sensor, wich has no acceleration on darker surfaces (cloth mouse mats) And yes it has a LITTLE bit but not even noticable compared to older laser sensors, laser sensors wich are gaming-grade are having a big chance that they have a modded sensor like the M65, i would go with the M65, i have it now, i love it. I dont see ANY acceleration compared to my old logitech G400, logitech has gone through shit, after the G5 the logitech mice became worse and worse.

I use 3000 DPI @ 1080p, but I don't play shooters at those settings. It gets a bit different when pinpoint accuracy is secondary and camera panning becomes very integral to the experience. I could see that setting go up with the resolution. I had to get used to the higher settings though, but I'd say it was worth it.

Logitech has good mice, but their keyboards leave something to wish for. I'd say Corsair is a bit more solid in that regard.