CPU led light red on power up, black screen on monitor

sebbie

(Text is wierd cause i have copied from another forum, and cant get it away :P)

Hello All

System:
CPU: Intel I7-4770K 
MB: Asus Maximus VII Impact 
VGA: Asus Ares III 
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2400Mhz 2x8GB 
SSD: 1 x Samsung 840 pro 128GB & 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
PSU: Corsair AXi86 w

WC parts:
CPU/MB blok: EK - ASUS M6I 
RAM blok EK - Monarch x 2 m. Ram modul og dertilhørende ny Clean CSQ Acetal top. 
Res + Pump: EK - Xres 100 m. Laing DDC 3.2 pumpe. 
Radiator 1 x Aphacool 240 30mm rad & 1x Alphacool 140 Monsta rad. 
Fittings: 13/10mm Bitspower black compression fittings 
Tubing: 13/10mm Primochill LRT flex tubing. 

I have recently done my WC build and i tried to power on the system.
Everything start spinning except i dont get any display on my monitor only a black screen.

I open up the MB and see that the CPU Red led is on.
I searched forum etc. and contactet Asus on mail (havent got a respone yet)
I just want to check if i can do some more things to see if it can be fixed now.

I have done following things:
Checked both 8 pin and 24 pin thats it were securely tighten in the connectors.
Checked that the 8 pin were a CPU on not a PCIE one.
I have tried unplugging cables one by one until i only had 24 pin and 8 pin and it still lid.
Tried switching PSU and attach 24 pin/8 pin.
I have pressed the CMOS reset button at the IO.
The CPU should work since i had it from a previous build.

I havent removed the block for looking if there is bend pin, i looked at it before i placed CPU in and if im not correct it seemed fine.
The MOBO is bend a bit where the Graphic card is, dont know if thats the issue hmm.

Do anyone have some thoughts whats wrong ?

Cheers.

What does the LED say? 

Is it just a little light or numbers or letters?

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

have you tested this sytem before water cooling it?

It dosent say anything.

Its a red led indicator which has letters called CPU led.

Nope havent, but i know the CPU worked before hand cause of this is the 3rd build i've done with it.

I have today dissasmbly eveything and i the old PC i had the CPU/mobo in that case is 1156 so i cant even test my CPU if its dead.

I have checked the pins in the Maximus Impact mobo and they all seem fine, i cant see any faulties.

so it is probably the CPU i guess hmm.

first i would try plugging your display into the motherboard do see weather there really is no output. Also did you check the ram? Try runnign the system with only one ram stick. It could also be a board issue, but that is quite hard to find out with no outputs

first i would try plugging your display into the motherboard do see weather there really is no output. Also did you check the ram? Try runnign the system with only one ram stick. It could also be a board issue, but that is quite hard to find out with no outputs

Ye i checked the ram 1 by 1 , still CPU led red light, and ye there is no output what so ever, hmm i leaning towards its the CPU i have ordered a cheap one should come tomorrow and i will test that

Ye i checked the ram 1 by 1 , still CPU led red light, and ye there is no output what so ever, hmm i leaning towards its the CPU i have ordered a cheap one should come tomorrow and i will test that

great tell us when you did

OK i had a CPU failure i have bought a new one.

Now i have a new problem jesus :(

I have then assembly the whole PC again and testet the CPU before hand no issue there at al, and now when i try to boot on my system i get the boot device LED light (A continuouse high sound from speakers are aswell there, and the Q-code i A2).

I have then booted via bios to one of my SSD and installed windows7 with the win7 installer disc.

The installer went smoothly, so no worries there.

My problem is now, when i restart my PC or just start it up, i get the screen "press any Del to enter BIOS" and normally i just wait and windows boots up to log in screen but i dont.

I get into a new page called American megathrends or something where it list all the things i have and it says press "F1 for enter setup" and i enter BIOS :S

I have tried setting up boot order so its only the SSD i have installed win7 on which is the first option for booting.

But the same thing occure everytime i boot, the only way i can get into windows is buy pressing Booting override and then the SSD which i have installed windows on.

So what can i do ?!

thanks in advance

Cheers.