poor overclocking on pentium G3258

so i decided to build a bench on the cheap for overclocking,and overclocking only.

but my Pentium G3258 will not hit more than 4,4 ghz on 1,568 V, i know it is a lot of voltage but i´am not afraid of frying anything and temps were fine i.e. in the high 70´s,
my motherboard is a msi Z97 gd-43 running the newest bios.

have i just been unlucky in the silicon lottery or am i over seeing something?

CPU: I7 4790K GPU: Manli GTX 980 Mobo: Asus Gryphon z97 RAM: kingston Hyper x fury 16GB 1866mhz PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2 SSD: Samsung 840 evo 500GB HDD: WD Black 3TB Case: Parvum s2.0 Fans: Noiseblocker E-loop 800rpm Cooling: Custom water cooling

you sir, have been shat on by the lottery.

Good news though, that chips is super cheap so you can just buy another and try your luck in the lottery again.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

that would be a case of that good ol' luck of the draw lol. as stated in the post above, you can buy these things like candy so hopefully no worries :P

Dude what the hey are you doing wrong to get even anywhere close to 4.4ghz on 1.56v... thats a really bad Voltage... REALLY BAD.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It seems like you lost lottery:( But you can find those chips cheap(i saw one for 47 dollars once) so you can try again. 

you sir, have been shat on by the lottery.

Good news though, that chips is super cheap so you can just buy another and try your luck in the lottery again.

that would be a case of that good ol' luck of the draw lol. as stated in the post above, you can buy these things like candy so hopefully no worries :P

well i did plan buying a new chip, the reason to buy the pentium was that it was cheap so no worry in frying the thing :)

Dude what the hey are you doing wrong to get even anywhere close to 4.4ghz on 1.56v... thats a really bad Voltage... REALLY BAD.

I know but it will not go any higher the chip sucks.

It seems like you lost lottery:( But you can find those chips cheap(i saw one for 47 dollars once) so you can try again. 

well i unfortunately can´t use American pricing i live in europe, and these chips cost around 80$ here

CPU: I7 4790K GPU: Manli GTX 980 Mobo: Asus Gryphon z97 RAM: kingston Hyper x fury 16GB 1866mhz PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2 SSD: Samsung 840 evo 500GB HDD: WD Black 3TB Case: Parvum s2.0 Fans: Noiseblocker E-loop 800rpm Cooling: Custom water cooling

It was a nice sale but even if i bought it i would have to pay import taxes/duties, which is 25$ + 25% of the products value.

sooo shits expensive here :(

This is why i keep telling people not to get that pentium with the expextation to run it at 5GHz or whatever. They dont all do that...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

This is why i keep telling people not to get that pentium with the expextation to run it at 5GHz or whatever. They dont all do that...

i will keep buying them til i get one that hits 5+ghz.

:)