The Pronto - Super Fast Charge Battery Bank

yorky321

Guys all phones use LiPos...it's the standard battery these days.

AFAIK, iPhones are the only phones to use LiPos. I'm sure there are a few others out there, but it is far from the standard. Nearly everyone else uses a different (and much safer) form of a lithium battery such as Li-Ion or LiFe.

Is LiPo that dangerous?

As long as you properly charge them, and never discharge them too much nothing bad will happen, but if something does go wrong, yes they are very dangerous.

Like in that film where the woman picks up the phone and the bomb in the phone goes off at the side of her head and takes her head off. Yea just like that. But not the charger but the phone because the battery had been charged up at a higher wattage than it should have causing the battery to explode. 

Law Abiding Citizen. Fun movie that made like zero sense in the end :P

Law Abiding Citizen. Fun movie that made like zero sense in the end :P

I love that film all the way up until the end when they killed off the most interesting character in the film. They should have made him win at the end so they could spew out a whole bunch of films with him as the main vigilante. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they use that in RC cars right? Also what makes LiPo so dangerous i've seen lithium metal burning in contact with water in chemistry class but thats about it

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I don't believe their claims for a second. You wont charge a large lipo battery in 5 minutes without causing a fire.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Stop this BS and work on new battery types that dont suck ! Had the same battery type for way too long, its time for evolution or RIOT !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well this is interesting, nothing more than a shit generic power brick with bullshit claims...

Nothing on the PCB shown suggests anything else,  hope they have more than 4.7µH chokes on the larger version... 

PS the 4R7 Choke on the PCB shown on the video is a shit ass cheap piece of generic crap, so has been made cheap as possible... 

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Kind of worried about the battery charging it that quick... 

but just because the charger is 60 watt, it doesnt mean that the phone can and or will take 60, more likely 1, 2, or 5, if its a table.

your phones a table? :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't believe their claims for a second. You wont charge a large lipo battery in 5 minutes without causing a fire.

Doesn't fully charge the unit, charges it enough in 5 minutes to provide a full charge to a mobile, which given the size of the thing would probably be 1/8 full

Well I used to charge my 3,000 mAh 3s LiPos to full capacity in about 10 minutes, and that was years ago, I'd assume the technology is better now, plus I played it safe and charged at a lower amperage than I could have. The claim is enough for a full iPhone charge in 5 minutes, and IIRC a typical iPhone battery is a singe cell (1S, or 3.7V) ~3000mAh... so back in the day with my charger you could have done in it 3.33 minutes just fine (since the phone is 1 cell vs my 3 cell, so 1/3 the wattage required IF the cells are rated for it).

While it is somewhat related, voltage and capacity don't really have much to do with how fast you can charge a battery. Capacitors for example are a kind of battery that charge to 75-90% of their capacity in a split second. The "C" rating is what determines how fast you can charge and discharge. Its been a while since I messed with batteries much, take this with a grain of salt, but if I remember correctly.... The amperage rate you could charge was something like the Ah capacity times the C rating, so a 3Ah 30C battery could be charged at 90 amps. 3Ah (3000mAh) would mean when charging at 3 amps, it would take an hour to be fully charged... since it is a 30C battery you can do that 30 times faster without harming the battery if it is 30C in both charge and discharge that is, 30C is a common discharge, while the charge rate is usually lower, say 10C.

they use that in RC cars right? Also what makes LiPo so dangerous i've seen lithium metal burning in contact with water in chemistry class but thats about it

Yep, although LiFe are beginning to be used mainstream. I switched over to LiFe about 3 years ago after I had a LiPo go off on me, really hard to get though... had to bulk order 40 of them from China.

Honestly I don't know the reason why they explode, just that they do lol. All of the Lithium batteries will explode, not just LiPos, its just that its relatively easy to make a LiPo explode where the other ones you need to squeeze them in a vise or hit them with a hammer.

Do I see an improvised time bomb?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB