Studying programming: should I study abroad or stay?

Go to solution Solved by MisterZero,

For personal knowledge I find studying abroad very interesting as you get to meet people of different nationality, and get to know their culture and even sometimes their language.

I have been to school in France and I'm in the Netherlands now for university, and it's pretty nice to change place, you get to know more stuff, and every day life becomes more exciting other than that, in Europe they don't really care that much about local or not, they care about the language(s) you master and the study you did.

I don't know that companies really are that elite and picky about top tier university or something, at least in the Netherlands, that kind of crap doesn't exist and in France, any University outside of French speaking countries is better than a French one because English...

But, yeah, I would definetly recommend studying abroad.

My signature is somewhat related to my post ;)

I'm planning to start studying computer science (then hopefully get into programming) once I'm done with the senior year in high school, but judging by my pro university research skills I got stuck and I certainly don't get a thing about how and where to look. But, first I want to clear up wether I should take studying abroad or staying.

1- If I choose to stay I get to study at a sort of fine university , but I'm not exactly sure about that, as that is what my mother and uncles' told me. (and there is only two university that teach computer science in my country, with the other being absolute crap)

or

2- I can as well go out of country and go to a better university at a much higher cost (plus a good internet connection I can play video tutorials at), but is it worth it?

So, as people already informed with coding, what should I do?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Which will look better on a resumé? 

if having a degree from a school abroad will give you an edge in the job market (both in status and education), the increased cost of schooling abroad has no quantitative value.

If the degree form your "local" school will suffice, then the increased cost of schooling abroad has no qualitative value.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Are there anybody know someone who actually had a career on computer science?

Pascal laptops guide

Which will look better on a resumé? 

if having a degree from a school abroad will give you an edge in the job market (both in status and education), the increased cost of schooling abroad has no quantitative value.

If the degree form your "local" school will suffice, then the increased cost of schooling abroad has no qualitative value.

What do you think, I know you probably never worked on a job department, but what is you opinion in this matter?

Pascal laptops guide

For personal knowledge I find studying abroad very interesting as you get to meet people of different nationality, and get to know their culture and even sometimes their language.

I have been to school in France and I'm in the Netherlands now for university, and it's pretty nice to change place, you get to know more stuff, and every day life becomes more exciting other than that, in Europe they don't really care that much about local or not, they care about the language(s) you master and the study you did.

I don't know that companies really are that elite and picky about top tier university or something, at least in the Netherlands, that kind of crap doesn't exist and in France, any University outside of French speaking countries is better than a French one because English...

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Hmm quite a good point you got there, I may consider studying abroad for the sake of independence as well. My parents are awesome, but I want to grow up and become independent you know.

Pascal laptops guide

What do you think, I know you probably never worked on a job department, but what is you opinion in this matter?

I have worked in the Computer Science field, network administration to be exact.

That said, I really can not relate to your situation. The schools that I attended were both local and sufficient enough to put me in the running for the/a position.

I'm currently working towards a Masters Degree in Network Security, but again, at an institution that will see me a strong contender in the job race.

Seeing as you've already chosen your best answer, i'll just add a small note:

Were it me in your situation, I would be considering the same, studying abroad with the prospect of returning home with a better education, or possibly venturing out on your own, possibly building a life for yourself in whatever country you so choose to study.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB