Corsair Obsidian 250D and ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo II

Go to solution Solved by VMaxMuffin,

Nice build dude! Well, I might have an opportunity to get an ASUS Strix GTX 970 the next month, it will fit easily in the case or i am wrong? Thank you for your replies :)

Not easily, but I think it will just fit. It's fine width-wise but it's a very tall card (14cm), although it will definitely be fine width wise. MSI's card is 14.1cm and that's been fitted (but only just). See here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=729148

So I think it should be fine although it will be a tight squeeze!

Hi all! im gonna get these 2 parts, but i don't really know if this custom cooler (for a gtx 970), is gonna fit in that mini-itx case, any one knows?

Corsair Obsidian 250D Size: 290mm (H) x 277mm (W) x 351mm (D)

ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo II Size: 122mm (H) x 53mm (W) x 217mm (D)

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

It will be fine for length, however height and width I'm not sure. My EVGA GTX 760 is about 10mm shorter and I can see there being at least 30mm free space (I have a 250D). However because that is a separate aftermarket cooler I'm not sure if maybe the height is measured differently because the card has some space underneath the cooler that would be included in card height but not cooler height (where the PCIE connected is). Then for width it's not really clear, but I don't think so. The 250D has quite a gap between my strictly 2 slot card and the side panel however I don't think there's that much space.

I think you'd be much better off just getting a card with a good cooler on it already. I'd recommend Gigabyte's Windforce, however the new Windforce is longer than the old one, which already barely fit in the 250D, so you probably can't use that one if you want to stick with the case. So go for Asus, MSI or EVGA instead (all good options, although they have differences - EVGA is smallest and looks the best in my opinion, MSI/Asus are slightly cooler and quieter as far as I know.

It will be fine for length, however height and width I'm not sure. My EVGA GTX 760 is about 10mm shorter and I can see there being at least 30mm free space (I have a 250D). However because that is a separate aftermarket cooler I'm not sure if maybe the height is measured differently because the card has some space underneath the cooler that would be included in card height but not cooler height (where the PCIE connected is). Then for width it's not really clear, but I don't think so. The 250D has quite a gap between my strictly 2 slot card and the side panel however I don't think there's that much space.

I think you'd be much better off just getting a card with a good cooler on it already. I'd recommend Gigabyte's Windforce, however the new Windforce is longer than the old one, which already barely fit in the 250D, so you probably can't use that one if you want to stick with the case. So go for Asus, MSI or EVGA instead (all good options, although they have differences - EVGA is smallest and looks the best in my opinion, MSI/Asus are slightly cooler and quieter as far as I know.

Thank you for reply, here in my country (shitty argentina) the only brand for nvidia that i can get is Zotac, and the cooler of the 970 is HORRIBLE, goes up 80c easly, thats why i was interested on that third party cooler... are you sure that the height is not going to be sufficent? thats my worry, for width im think its ok

Thank you for reply, here in my country (shitty argentina) the only brand for nvidia that i can get is Zotac, and the cooler of the 970 is HORRIBLE, goes up 80c easly, thats why i was interested on that third party cooler... are you sure that the height is not going to be sufficent? thats my worry, for width im think its ok

Height I'm not sure, but may fit. I am actually more worried about width, I'm pretty sure a 53mm wide card won't fit. If you have a look at the photos from my build here (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/153890-my-first-gaming-pc/) you can sort of see that there's not a lot of extra room around the graphics card. The 3rd photo shows there's plenty of extra height and length from my short card, but there's a bar running across that would likely prevent your wide cooler from fitting even if the side panel was far enough away.

Basically if I were you I'd go for a mATX build instead to be sure it will fit. Otherwise you can risk it and see what happens, worst case scenario you either have to sell the case or cooler second hand (although you'd probably only want to do that with the cooler if you haven't actually applied it). Another option is to go with a full custom loop, which some people have done rather successfully in the 250D (although it's not easy).

Height I'm not sure, but may fit. I am actually more worried about width, I'm pretty sure a 53mm wide card won't fit. If you have a look at the photos from my build here (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/153890-my-first-gaming-pc/) you can sort of see that there's not a lot of extra room around the graphics card. The 3rd photo shows there's plenty of extra height and length from my short card, but there's a bar running across that would likely prevent your wide cooler from fitting even if the side panel was far enough away.

Basically if I were you I'd go for a mATX build instead to be sure it will fit. Otherwise you can risk it and see what happens, worst case scenario you either have to sell the case or cooler second hand (although you'd probably only want to do that with the cooler if you haven't actually applied it). Another option is to go with a full custom loop, which some people have done rather successfully in the 250D (although it's not easy).

Nice build dude! Well, I might have an opportunity to get an ASUS Strix GTX 970 the next month, it will fit easily in the case or i am wrong? Thank you for your replies :)

Not easily, but I think it will just fit. It's fine width-wise but it's a very tall card (14cm), although it will definitely be fine width wise. MSI's card is 14.1cm and that's been fitted (but only just). See here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=729148

Nice fit, i love 250D :P. I think that im gonna try with the asus card! thank you dude!