H100i or 212 Evo?

First off let me just say I didn't know whether to put this in Water or Air cooling since it's a little bit of both.

Anyway, I have recently spent a lot of money upgrading most of my rig and I want future Overclocking possibilities and as soon as you say water cooling everyone thinks H100i,  although I've seen some very good temps coming from a 212 evo and it's 1/5th the price.  Could anyone help me out, tell me which is best?

CPU: Intel i7-4770k (Stock) | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) 1333MHz | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: WD Caviar Green | Case: Coolermaster CM Scout II |PSU: Corsair CX750 | OS: Windows 7 32-Bit | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013

H100i performs better, but also costs a lot more. The NZXT Kraken x61 is probably the best performing AIO (Not couting Swiftech's offerings, those are special) on the market atm.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

H100i will beat the living shit out of a 212 EVO. But it costs more, as they are built for different ends of the market.

The EVO is a good choice for low end chips, with a minor or mild OC. For a decent OC, or at least adequate cooling on something like an 8core, or i5/i7 then the H100i is better.

But that aside, a Noctua ND-D15 beats both of them in performance, and is roughly the same price as a H100i, maybe cheaper depending on your area and where you shop. Plus, since the Noctua NH-D15 is an air cooler you don't have to worry about leakage in the future.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The Hyper 212 EVO is a very good budget cooler. Performance per moneys; it makes the most sense, which is why it's so lauded. The H100i, H110 and H105 are performance, enthusiast products, so cost to performance kind of goes out of the window. It's like comparing an R9 270X with a GTX 980. Different tiers for different peers, as it were.

If you're going to compare it to an air cooler, a better comparison would be with another performance product such as the NH-D14/15.

The Hyper 212 EVO is a very good budget cooler. Performance per moneys; it makes the most sense, which is why it's so lauded. The H100i, H110 and H105 are performance, enthusiast products, so cost to performance kind of goes out of the window. It's like comparing an R9 270X with a GTX 980. Different tiers for different peers, as it were.

If you're going to compare it to an air cooler, a better comparison would be with another performance product such as the NH-D14/15.

^^^ This

I could be very wrong

First off let me just say I didn't know whether to put this in Water or Air cooling since it's a little bit of both.

Anyway, I have recently spent a lot of money upgrading most of my rig and I want future Overclocking possibilities and as soon as you say water cooling everyone thinks H100i,  although I've seen some very good temps coming from a 212 evo and it's 1/5th the price.  Could anyone help me out, tell me which is best?

either x61 h240x h220x or h105 or nepton not h100i i you were to do h100i i would get a nh-d14 for less instead

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Stay away from the H100i.  It has a very bad problem with mounting, and it is not guaranteed to work for everyone, out of the box without modification.

Go for the Cooler Master Seidon 240M if you need an AIO with the exact same specs.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I never had any issues regarding installation of the h100i, but I have read some negative reviews as there is with any product that is popular.

The h100i is an awesome bit of kit and a worthy investment if you are o/c. What are you're goals in terms of heat and o/c levels. If only a minor o/c go the cheaper route if not go h100i or the kraken etc.

Looks might be important to you also and imo an aio is easier on the eye than a air cooler.

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.