Need game recommendations, but I'm very picky

191x7

I don't have anything to play (but I have a lot of games) and I need your help.

Here are the PC games I really enjoyed playing (and completed them more than once):

• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Jade Empire Special Edition
  • Call of Duty
  • Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
  • Portal

And here are the games that I enjoyed but completed only once (and can't force myself to complete them more times):

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Fallout 3
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Battle Realms
  • Warcraft 3
  • Rise of Nations
  • Bioshock
  • Dear Esther
  • Tomb Raider (2013)
  • The Witcher
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Doom ]|[
  • Need For Speed Underground 2
  • Need For speed Most Wanted (the older one)
  • Portal
  • Serious Sam TFE&TSE
  • Dungeon Siege
  • Star Trek Bridge Commander
  • Star Trek Elite Force
  • The Suffering

And here are some games I played more than half of the campaign:

• Starcraft II
  • Crysis
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
  • S.w.i.n.e.
  • Army Men
  • C&C: Generals
  • Alan Wake
  • Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit)
  • Half Life 2
  • Portal 2
  • Blade Of Darkness
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Unreal Tournament 2k4
  • Alien vs Predator 1&2
  • Heroes of might and magic V
  • Battlefield 3&4

I can't remember others worth mentioning (if I do, I'll add them).

Now I search for a relatively new game (let's say 2005. and newer) that would work nicely on my PC.

I don't like 3rd person view and I want something that will hold me in front of the monitor like the first 27 games on my list.

So the story must be top notch and the gameplay too. It has to be fun.

Thanks everyone for helping.

I am not allowed to have my PC specs in my signature.

here are some games I played more than half of the campaign:

Half Life 2

FEAR

whats ... whats wrong with you

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

anyways do you like stealth games?

i just finished Thief Gold yesterday

one hell of a game

started Thief 2 today

borderland series are awesome

do u like playing on emulators ?

some great n64 ps2 etc games out there

i finished silent hill a couple of years ago it was great

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

try borderlands 1 or 2

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Nothing? He just has a way of doing things?

I for one never found the huge appeal towards HL.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN) | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Server: CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K | RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro | Storage: 256GB Apple SSUBX, 256GB Crucial MX100, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD, 3x1TB HDD | GPU: GTX 560 2GB | Cooling: Arctic Freezer 34 | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

Super Mario Bros. the only game you should have played...

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Minecraft?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

who are you and what have you done with SLSAMG !

who are you and what have you done with SLSAMG !

Nothing lol, I always felt this way. I will play it when I have the time, but until I go through it, I still don't get the appeal :P

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN) | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Server: CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K | RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro | Storage: 256GB Apple SSUBX, 256GB Crucial MX100, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD, 3x1TB HDD | GPU: GTX 560 2GB | Cooling: Arctic Freezer 34 | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

I like the Metro Last Light, Half Life 2 and Thief (2013) gameplay. You could waste hours on end delivering Apples from the UK to Ukraine on Euro Truck Simulator if you want to as well.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Try RUST. The Experimental part of the game - said to be the game Garry and his team wanted to actually make - is now the default game and is being constantly updated.

I got addicted to it the other day since the update.

The vanishing of ethan carter? thats new and I'm liking it at the moment. 

Also if you have a ps3 or 360, try getting the metal gear solid HD edition. ( I know you want PC games, but I can't not mention MGS)

You could try modding the hell out of GTA 4 as well, that kept me entertained for 80+hours.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I don't see Witcher 2 in your list... If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

Also, from my taste I can recommend these games: Hitman: Absolution, Dishonored, Dead Space 2/3.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

anyways do you like stealth games?

i just finished Thief Gold yesterday

one hell of a game

started Thief 2 today

borderland series are awesome

do u like playing on emulators ?

some great n64 ps2 etc games out there

i finished silent hill a couple of years ago it was great

No, I don't like stealth games. I hated Splinter Cell when it came out.

I played HL2 allmost till the end and then my saves got corrupted. It has no replay value to me.

try borderlands 1 or 2

Thanks, but they do not appeal to me.

Super Mario Bros. the only game you should have played...

Not a PC title. Shall I list all NES, SNES, N64, Sega, Commodore 64, Commodore 128, Amiga, Game Boy, GBC and GBA games I played and enjoyed? I'm searching for a PC game, not game overall.

Minecraft?

No, thank you.

Metro 2033 is a good game. Here are benchmarks with a 7770 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135-11.html. You'll have to decide if that's acceptable performance or not. I think the campaign runs about 15 hours.

Thanks. I started Metro when it was fresh and did not enjoy it. Maybe now I would, but who knows. I even have the "sequel".

@191x7

1. Finish FEAR.

2. Finish HL2 + episodes. 

3. Mass Effect 1,2,3

4. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) , my favourite recent NFS.

5. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, my personal favourite game EVER. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

It is extremely influential and a huge turning point for PC shooters. Much more impactful than DOOM is in the grand scheme of things.

New Profile picture created by Lolzious Thanks so much for the great Picture!

I don't see Witcher 2 in your list... If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

Also, from my taste I can recommend these games: Hitman: Absolution, Dishonored, Dead Space 2/3.

Since I got an unproper ending in the first Witcher I would have to replay it before Witcher 2 but it's not that good of a game to play it two times.

As for GTA IV - no, thank you, I played GTA III and it was a bit fun, but they ruined it with Vice City and then GTA III was shitty so I don't like that kind of games.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was good to, but I'm not into hitman anymore and the 3p view ...

Since I got an unproper ending in the first Witcher I would have to replay it before Witcher 2 but it's not that good of a game to play it two times.

As for GTA IV - no, thank you, I played GTA III and it was a bit fun, but they ruined it with Vice City and then GTA III was shitty so I don't like that kind of games.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was good to, but I'm not into hitman anymore and the 3p view ...

Oh, I didn't recommend GTA, maybe you meant to quote someone else.

If I were you, I'd just start playing Witcher 2. It's a masterpiece game. I have completed it 3 times. Both Skyrim & Witcher 2 are my favorite RPG games.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

The Mass Effect series is great if you like RPGs and story. I have spent more hours playing those three games then I would like to admit

-snip-

You're picky yet you have cod listed as one of your favorites... Are you high?

Borderlands: the pre-sequel

Wolfenstein: the new order

Shadow of Mordor

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I have The Witcher 2 as well as the first one but I can't get into the beginning of the first one.

Yeah I recommend Dead Space 2 as well though 3 was meh at some points.

Have a look at Dragon Age Origins or something from the Total War series (my personal favourites being Napoleon and Empire)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Here are the PC games I really enjoyed playing (and completed them more than once):

• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Jade Empire Special Edition
  • Call of Duty
  • Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
  • Portal
  • And here are some games I played more than half of the campaign:

• Bioshock Infinite
  • S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
  • Alan Wake
  • Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit)
  • Half Life 2
  • Portal 2
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Unreal Tournament 2k4
  •  

the games you played half through are 1000 times better than the games you completly played through.

Either way:

i don't care if you like third person view, there are so many good games. I don't like first person view in gerneral - but i loved Bioshock, Metro and Skyrim

Brothers - A tale of two sons (in my top 5 games of all times)

Bastion - really unique awesome experience

Metro 2033 + Metro Last Light - better than STALKER

Civilization V - just try it, it neeeds a while until you understand everything but it is pretty awesome

Dark Souls - 3rd person, but the game is just too good not to play it (requires a controller). However i wouldn't recoomen the second one

Dishonored - nice game

Dragon Age: Origins - yeah third person again but you can literally dig more than 100 hours in this game in only one playthrough

Tomb Raider - it is good

The Wolf Among us - epic story

The Walking Dead Season 1+2 - epic story and demn feels

You're picky yet you have cod listed as one of your favorites... Are you high?

Borderlands: the pre-sequel

Wolfenstein: the new order

Shadow of Mordor

i just think he is probably new to the gaming scene - and just have played COD as his first few games. The series is known outside the gamer scene and the singleplayer campaign looks very good cause of the effects (the story and whatnot isn't)

No, I'm not new to gaming, I game for all most 22 years now and I have Windows PCs for the last about 14 years.

I have played most of the games anyone here mentioned, and guess what, most of them aren't worth mentioning.