"Slightly" botched MSi GTX 970s were released - MSi says to just RMA your card

Ren

There, you can see the sticker on the fan in thee first few seconds, I bought this card and removing it was fairly easy was not too sticky at all, but I can see how can someone be not careful enough and rip the thing off the fan and potentially damage it. 

What the fuck, surely that isn't the sticker they are talking about, right? Why is that even there, why would a sticker need to be removed before gaming, MSI pls

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Yes, that is the sticker they are talking about. 

The adhesive is so strong it can actually damage the fan when you try and remove it. 

Not a slight issue, a big one. The sticker isn't even there to protect the fans during shipping, it only covers one for crying out loud. No, its to brag about the "no fan" mode or whatever the shit their bragging rights are. I'll let that irony sink in. 

Wow MSi are really horrible at fans. Last generation had the leaking fan bearings, now this.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Someone is getting fired, probably in the marketing department.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Someone is getting fired, probably in the marketing department.

Marketing never gets canned, they are all fast talkers and will get away with a minor slap on the wrist.

Some guy will probably be getting a bunch of crap about this for a long time in their office though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Wow MSi are really horrible at fans. Last generation had the leaking fan bearings, now this.

The bearings are almost certainly a purchased part, not manufactured by MSI. And this really isnt a fan issue, its an adhesive issue.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just hold the blades while you remove it..?

exactly how will you do that?, I read that glue dripped to the bearing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That was all speculation. The issues were caused because when removing the sticker the fan was being pulled off the hub far enough to cause it to not seat properly when it pulls back against it.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Pull sticker off of shroud, hold blades, continue.

Pull sticker off of shroud, hold blades, continue.

Won't the blades break?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ