October 3, 2014 - The WAN Show Document

LinusTech

Came for the archive to get the guest segment ending, I think I'll still be waiting. D:

Scott was awesome though and hope he can make it for another show.

Do you think this will lead to the discovery of more mac malware?

No. This is a trojan. It requires deliberate user interaction to proliferate. There's almost nothing you can do about trojans.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Best guest ever in my opinion!!! Scott is awesome.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

other than copper on the motherboard to allow for PCIe 4.0

Graphene motherboard layers?

just a guess but electron mobility is pretty good for graphene at certain geometries and Graphene's flexibility and ability to take loose carbon into it's lattice to self repair would mean TINY traces with less risk of breaking down, so Capacitance would be very low.

maybe graphene is one of the technologies they're exploring for enabling inexpensive PCIe 4.0 implementation.

Guys, what is the camera Austin won't stop talking about? The $800 one? I'm very curious now.

Guys, what is the camera Austin won't stop talking about? The $800 one? I'm very curious now.

Probably the Sony RX100.

Mk1-Mk3 of that camera are all pretty amazing for a compact camera. seriously a great camera. check out Marques' videos on them, also known as "MKBHD"

forgive me for linking somebody ekse's video in a doc for one of your videos, but I think it's relevant

40.56 :/

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Linus, using a cherry mx blue keyboard, sounding like a machine gun, whilst Slick is talking is extremely distracting to us as well as extremely rude to him.

The number of sexual jokes in this one was unprecedented...:D

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I wouldn't be overly impressed with that thumbnail if i was Slick  :)

That awkward moment when your post is featured on the documentation , but not on the stream video :( . . . .

Details separate people.

Did you guys see the claim that the reason for the jump to 10 is to avoid problems with badly written code... 

gb3w7slygquhxpekupd1.png

(a source) http://gizmodo.com/windows-10-may-have-gotten-its-name-because-of-lazy-cod-1641383218

I guess I could buy it, since I've possibly written lots of sloppy code... possibly.

That's a joke that went over your head.  They aren't doing that for people checking for named versions of Windows.  Windows has a much more detailed version numbering system which makes more sense under the hood.

Best guest ever in my opinion!!! Scott is awesome.

Agreed, one of the better guests they have had on.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

You planning on swapping out the video to the complete version without the drop outs ?, curious as how much was missing from those sections

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

Well, I wish you a happy schnitzel time as we say here in germany! ;)

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Stopped the video, because the telephone rang.This is, what i got...

Linus is like "WÄÄÄÄHHHÄÄÄÄÄ" and shaking his head like crazy and the others are like "No, just no!" xD

post-119492-0-22230400-1412707643_thumb.