Why do the LED's die so quickly

I have a K95 since I think 4 months now, but the 5, the F11, the E, the - and + on the numpad and the ] all of them, the LED's have died, and sending it in to Corsair and waiting 2 weeks without a decent keyboard is not something I want to do.

Why do they die so quickly? It doesn't make sense.

Also had K90 before but the LED's never died, had it for 2 years or so.

I have a K95 since I think 4 months now, but the 5, the F11, the E, the - and + on the numpad and the ] all of them, the LED's have died, and sending it in to Corsair and waiting 2 weeks without a decent keyboard is not something I want to do.

If you've got a credit card (I guess a debit card would work too) then you can phone them up for their "Express RMA Service". I used it for my K95 with more than twice as many dead LEDs as you have. Haha.

If you've got a credit card (I guess a debit card would work too) then you can phone them up for their "Express RMA Service". I used it for my K95 with more than twice as many dead LEDs as you have. Haha.

Wtf....

It looks like an engineering fail. The RGB Cherry's are totally different on the mounting points for the LED. I doubt very much that the LEDs are failing but the connections from the LED to the circuit board underneath is the flaw. If there's continuous flex I can see the traces separate from metal fatigue. Or maybe solder failure.

Certainly sucks for a kb that costs that sort of money.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Wtf....

I think it had 13 dead LEDs, but the keyboard was in perfect working condition other than that. I wanted to try blue keys though, so I got them to send me a K70 with Blue switches and red LEDs instead. No dead LEDs yet.... And Blue keys are awesome.

The older version K95 and K70 had very bad ESD shileding hence the dead LED problem but thankfully Corsair fixed this with their new LED placement.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

The older version K95 and K70 had very bad ESD shileding hence the dead LED problem but thankfully Corsair fixed this with their new LED placement.

Well at least that's good to know. >.<

Oh look the 1 on the number died..... Greaaaat.....