Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor lagging

FuZioNz

My specs are HD 7870, FX 8350 and 8GB RAM.

Even when I run Shadow of Mordor at lowest settings and resolution I'm still getting lag at times for example when the objectives come on the screen and a few other events. I checked on google and asked my friends and no one seems to be having this problem. Any ideas?

FX 8350 |  Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Asus Radeon HD 7870 DCUII Top | 8GB 1866MHz Vengeance | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 

The game hitches for me when it transitions from cut scene to gameplay. It drops down to sub 10fps for a second, and then quickly ramps up to normal framerates. It runs smooth at all other times though.

CPU: Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1GHZ - MB: ASUS ROG Z490E - RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 - GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 TI GAMING OC 12G - CASE: Lian Li O11D Dynamic XL Tempered Glass E-ATX Case, White - DRIVES: 970 NvMe 500GB/1GB SSD/WD Black 8TB/2x 4TB HDD- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 1200P - DISPLAY: Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo  - COOLING: NZXT Kraken Z73 - KEYBOARD: Drop CTRL High Profile - MOUSE: Razer Basilisk Ultimate - AUDIO: Audioengine A5+ - NETWORK: ASUS GT-AX11000 Mesh - NAS: Synology DS418play 12TB - HTPC: i7-8700K/Gigabyte Vision RTX 3080/16GB Corsair DDR4/500GB M2/1TB SSD/4TB HD/Define C Case

Even when I run Shadow of Mordor at lowest settings and resolution I'm still getting lag at times for example when the objectives come on the screen and a few other events. I checked on google and asked my friends and no one seems to be having this problem. Any ideas?

The problem may be your hdd. I think your hdd is slow, which is causing the problem. And also try to see that how much vram the game is using.

The problem may be your hdd. I think your hdd is slow, which is causing the problem. And also try to see that how much vram the game is using.

I actually have a 240GB SSD so i doubt that's the problem. I checked, the game never makes it near the full 2GB of VRAM

FX 8350 |  Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Asus Radeon HD 7870 DCUII Top | 8GB 1866MHz Vengeance | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 

Have you update your drivers? Check for may-be malfunctions in hardware or faulty installation? (Just usual checks)

Because.... I'm doing quite fine on lowest setting with 30FPS average it using my laptop's Intel HD4000/8750M (The game said it's using my HD4000, though)

How much VRAM do you have and what texture settings are you using?

My R9 280 (basically a 7950) has no lag but has 3GB of VRAM.

Afterburner reports about 2.7GB of VRAM usage with High texture settings.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

• 9 months later...

im having the same trouble but i got a gamming pc i use geforce experiance to auto config my games

i still get massive lag and freezing