Bf4 causes Pc to shut off.

Everytime I play Bf4 within 5 min my pc just shuts off.Now I know its Bf4 because I ran Unigine valley for 15 minutes after rebooting my Pc and launching Bf4 multiplayer for the 5th time.It shuts down like if someone just yanked the power cord from the wall.Nothing is overheating.

Edit:Everything is at stock.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Id think it was overheating? But if it was downloaded via origin, try and repair the game install via origin.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Is your powersupply getting air? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Id think it was overheating? But if it was downloaded via origin, try and repair the game install via origin.

Already did a repair install yesterday.

Is your powersupply getting air? 

Yes it is but I ran Unigine Valley and it didn't shut my PC off if it is psu is a problem.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Everytime I play Bf4 within 5 min my pc just shuts off.Now I know its Bf4 because I ran Unigine valley for 15 minutes after rebooting my Pc and launching Bf4 multiplayer for the 5th time.It shuts down like if someone just yanked the power cord from the wall.Nothing is overheating.

I had the same issue for several games such as CS:GO, BF4 (shut down earlier than CS:GO) even though my power supply wan't warm (TX650v2). I would get an extra case fan and either blow into as intake for psu or out for exhaust for psu of the fan grill to make sure that the power supply is not the issue.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I see you've overclocked your CPU. Are you sure it runs stable for a long period of time? Maybe check your voltages.

Also make sure you shut off turbo boost

I had the same issue for several games such as CS:GO, BF4 (shut down earlier than CS:GO) even though my power supply wan't warm (TX650v2). I would get an extra case fan and either blow into as intake for psu or out for exhaust for psu of the fan grill to make sure that the power supply is not the issue.

I have my pc now on its side where it can get more air,so I'm going to load up Bf4 and see what happens.

I see you've overclocked your CPU. Are you sure it runs stable for a long period of time? Maybe check your voltages.

Also make sure you shut off turbo boost

I haven't updated my sig but I cleared cmos 2 days ago.

yeah... the 9 year old game AOE III does that to me too.... xD even though it runs at like 223 fps

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I haven't updated my sig but I cleared cmos 2 days ago.

being a total noob here; what's a sig?

being a total noob here; what's a sig?

That's a signature.Do you see where my PC specs are listed you can basically put anything there following the CoC .

That's a signature.Do you see where my PC specs are listed you can basically put anything there following the CoC .

I get it, thanks :)

Good luck with your pc, mate

Run every on stock settings, dont overclock. Try running BF4 on stock settings.

So I started playing Bf4 and it didn't shut off when my PC was on its side psu getting more air,so I guess it is the psu some how but only with BF4.Now with it being standing up it shut off with bf4 but when not running Unigine Valley on max 1080p.

Edit:I just tried running Valley and with pc on its side and this time it finally made it shut off.I also just looked at the gpu-z log and the highest temp my 7850 went was 64c.

So I started playing Bf4 and it didn't shut off when my PC was on its side psu getting more air,so I guess it is the psu some how but only with BF4.Now with it being standing up it shut off with bf4 but when not running Unigine Valley on max 1080p.

Edit:I just tried running Valley and with pc on its side and this time it finally made it shut off.I also just looked at the gpu-z log and the highest temp my 7850 went was 64c.

BF4 uses more resources than Unigen Valley. Try the power supply in another computer see if that computer will shut down while running BF4.

If it does shutdown, then power supply is the culprit.

Corsair Tx power supply has 5 year warranty: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

Everytime I play Bf4 within 5 min my pc just shuts off.

If your PC randomly has it's power cut off while you're gaming then it's a power supply issue 99% of the the time. A bad graphics card displays artifacts, random freezes, and display signal loss.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64