Is it still worth watercooling?

So I have a 660ti FTW signature 2 and a i5 3570k @4.2ghz on air(stays around 50 degrees celsius). I need to know if it is even worth watercooling them both, I mean the CPU i am definitely going to keep but i think it might be time to upgrade my 660ti. Still the games that I mostly play include counter strike and assassins creed(which i can play on high) so I really don't know what i should do. Any help would be appreciated!

I would upgrade to a modern GPU first.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

-

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;) in my sig you can find links to the CoC and the forum's F.A.Q. check them out!

Personally I think it would be a waste of money to watercool the 660ti. I'd keep it for another year (the golden rule is keep gpus for 3 years at least) and then buy a new gpu, watercooling the 660ti would probably cost you as much as a new (and faster) graphics card.

If your cpu sticks to 50c, you certainly don't need any more cooling for it. i5 cpus are comfortable at over 75c if needed.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, AIO liquid coolers don't improve temps that much over high end air coolers (about 2-6C) and you need a reference PCB for your GPU 90% of the time when you want to water cool, custom loops are sort of worth it if you have $400+ to dedicate just to building the loop.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I really dont think water cooling is worht it except for extreme overclocks

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No, AIO liquid coolers don't improve temps that much over high end air coolers (about 2-6C) and you need a reference PCB for your GPU 90% of the time when you want to water cool, custom loops are sort of worth it if you have $400+ to dedicate just to building the loop.

MY 660TI uses the reference 680 board so it can be watercooled.

water cooling  isnt worth it unless you are making $4k + rig and thats the only real way to improve performance

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Only if you need to get performance numbers that are unreachable without water cooling is water cooling ever worth it from a price to performance standpoint.

No. Just buy an AiO for your CPU, and leave the GPU on air. Maybe when you upgrade it to something better, then consider a G10+AiO bracket for it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

only reason to watercool the 660ti is when BIOS hacking the voltage (1.35v+). 

i did SLI 3GB cards and was ok, not worth the hardware shell-out, unless you

already have a loop started/done.

as mentioned before, selling the 660ti and getting newer available tech, then

possibly looking to water cooling. but for now, stay on air for both.

If you can, get a GTX 970. So good for the price.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x