Battlescreen for bf4 on separate monitor on PC?

melias24

Hey guys, i have one monitor, but i have no compatible device's for batttlescreen, but i was wondering, if i hook up a separate monitor is there some way i can make it so the other screen just does battlescreen for BF4, and i play on the other one? Will i loose FPS, is this even possible, to have one screen dedotated (wam) to battelscreen?`

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Hey guys, i have one monitor, but i have no compatible device's for batttlescreen, but i was wondering, if i hook up a separate monitor is there some way i can make it so the other screen just does battlescreen for BF4, and i play on the other one? Will i loose FPS, is this even possible, to have one screen dedotated (wam) to battelscreen?`

~Elias

I'm pretty sure it's possible and I don't think you would lose any fps. I have no idea how to set it up though.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

~Elias

Um you just have your browser on one screen, click the battlescreen button. Play the game on the other screen... That's all you do.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I'm pretty sure it's possible and I don't think you would lose any fps. I have no idea how to set it up though.

Yea, because i've seen it done before, but don't know how to set it up.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yes I do this you just have to put your browser on the second screen and click the battlescreen icon and it will work and as for a performance drop I think it would be negligible to non-existent. Hope this helps

Um you just have your browser on one screen, click the battlescreen button. Play the game on the other screen... That's all you do.

Yes I do this you just have to put your browser on the second screen and click the battlescreen icon and it will work and as for a performance drop I think it would be negligible to non-existent. Hope this helps

Thanks guys, so no performance drop?

I haven't noticed any and it's only a browser so it's not very intensive

Nope none at all.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Nope none at all.

So i plug it into the GPU or motherboard ports?

So i plug it into the GPU or motherboard ports?

Either, doesn't make a difference. Both will work. I keep everything on my gpu just because it is easier to control al lmy settings through nvidia control panel instead of having to deal with nvidia and intels stuff.

Either, doesn't make a difference. Both will work. I keep everything on my gpu just because it is easier to control al lmy settings through nvidia control panel instead of having to deal with nvidia and intels stuff.

None!

Hey guys, i tried it, but the secind monitor (HP w1907) wasn't getting picked up, and said 'monitor going to sleep'. I have my main monitor connected by a hdmi from the GPU, then to a dvi converter, then i tried the other one, with a dvi converter to HDMI, but it didn't work on the second screen, but my first screen works fine with a converter. What is a fix to this? Do i need a direct DVI lead? coming from my GPU to the HP?

Hey guys, i tried it, but the secind monitor (HP w1907) wasn't getting picked up, and said 'monitor going to sleep'. I have my main monitor connected by a hdmi from the GPU, then to a dvi converter, then i tried the other one, with a dvi converter to HDMI, but it didn't work on the second screen, but my first screen works fine with a converter. What is a fix to this? Do i need a direct DVI lead? coming from my GPU to the HP?

Right click on the desktop -> Nvidia control panel -> Display -> Set up multiple displays, hopefully you monitor will show there with a check box that needs to be selected next to it.

Right click on the desktop -> Nvidia control panel -> Display -> Set up multiple displays, hopefully you monitor will show there with a check box that needs to be selected next to it.

I did that, the HP doesn't even show up.

I did that, the HP doesn't even show up.

I would try different cables then, perhaps swap the it with the one on your main monitor because you know it works, failing that if you have another PC handy try it on that or else your monitor might be stuffed :(

I would try different cables then, perhaps swap the it with the one on your main monitor because you know it works, failing that if you have another PC handy try it on that or else your monitor might be stuffed :(

THey both work on their own, read that dvi and vga don't go together or something idk, need someone who really knows.

THey both work on their own, read that dvi and vga don't go together or something idk, need someone who really knows.

Do you mean converting from DVI to VGA? That is fine as long as you are connecting to a DVI-I port, usually a DVI-I plug wont fit in a DVI-D socket though, you can see what type it is by looking for the 4 pins around the large flat pin, you can assume the adapter will be DVI-I though because it wouldn't work if it wasn't (except in the rare case of an active adapter but then it wouldn't matter either way) GTX770s usually have 1xDVI-I and 1xDVI-D. http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d6/d62b2dd9_7801.dvid.gif

If you mean using both at the same time that shouldn't be an issue.

You can try something similar to suggested above, right click the desktop. Click screen resolution. Towards the bottom will be multiple displays, click extend these displays. Arrange the two images of the monitors at the top of this window to match your monitor config. If that doesn't work How are you connecting the two monitors? One of my second monitors is using a vga to dvi adapter. It will work. 

The live map in Chrome makes my game lag like hell. Not sure what other people are doing or if the map is even what you meant. Regular battlelog with stats and what not has no performance impact though.

EDIT: Quoted wrong person

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?