YouTube launches primetime ads for Vice News, Zoella and Slow Mo Guys

I am not sure if this is a new thing or not but what it is for sure is a sign of the power of YouTube (and Google) and the value of the viewership behind some channels.

Clearly, YouTube views some content valuable enough not just to pay for it (or partner with) but also to advertise it in traditional  media.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/25/youtube-vice-news-zoella-slow-mo-guys

Do you think YouTube will stay a purely online medium or we might see YouTube TV channel?

Online is the future. 99% sure there won't be a youtube tv channel

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Why would youtube go to tv? It helped pave the way to taking television providers out of the picture. Along with netflix and hulu, that would just be a step backwards. Not to mention it would cost them more to do their thing on tv and have less people watching. So yea, I see no sense in this.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I saw this, way to go Gav and #DanTheMan! ;)

But YouTube going to TV doesn't make much sense to me.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I am not sure if this is a new thing or not but what it is for sure is a sign of the power of YouTube (and Google) and the value of the viewership behind some channels.

Clearly, YouTube views some content valuable enough not just to pay for it (or partner with) but also to advertise it in traditional  media.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/25/youtube-vice-news-zoella-slow-mo-guys

Do you think YouTube will stay a purely online medium or we might see YouTube TV channel?

Online is the future. 99% sure there won't be a youtube tv channel

Why would youtube go to tv? It helped pave the way to taking television providers out of the picture. Along with netflix and hulu, that would just be a step backwards. Not to mention it would cost them more to do their thing on tv and have less people watching. So yea, I see no sense in this.

I tend to agree. I don't think YouTube would would become a regular TV channel.

However...I can see traditional media trying to pick certain channels and either bring them over completely or just give some channels time slots. The viewership already exists and could trnslate for a program not to have to start from zero on TV.

What do you think?

I tend to agree. I don't think YouTube would would become a regular TV channel.

However...I can see traditional media trying to pick certain channels and either bring them over completely or just give some channels time slots. The viewership already exists and could trnslate for a program not to have to start from zero on TV.

What do you think?

It's definetely a possibility.

Stuff like Tosh.0 and Rudetube (especially the latter) are based off of Youtube videos.

I don't see why a specific channel couldn't get their own show. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder